Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

A hole in the firewall!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2002, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A hole in the firewall!!!

Does anyone know where there is a hole in the firewall so that I can run a power wire for my amp??? If there isn't one where should I drill?!?!?!?
Old May 17, 2002, 09:03 PM

There are no holes, the best place to drill a hole is next to the brake booster underneath the master cylinder
Old May 18, 2002, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Top left corner under the drivers side....I have about 8 holes drilled here for wires.
Old May 18, 2002, 04:59 AM

Hole for amp wire

If you pop down the plastic is the driver front wheel well you can push the wire through the same hole that the factory wires go through from the engine compartment to the cabin. I did it this way and I put black wire loom on the cable connecting it to the main fuse box under the hood at te nut that connects the battery to the box and you would never be able to tell that I have a power cable connected at all.
Old May 20, 2002, 01:47 PM

He He He!!!!!!!
I am a pimp!!! I found a way to run the power wire without having to drill a hole.............Can anyone else figure it out.........If not just ask and maybe Ill tell ya
Old May 20, 2002, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Through the wheel wells?
Old May 20, 2002, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

runt ehw ire up to the fiorewall down to the left side of the car (from hood)
find the bott were there are like 1000 wires cut a hole in it use a gromet bada bing bada boom
(you need like 5 feet more wire though)
Old May 21, 2002, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Drill through the firewall in that little circle...ull realize how useful it is when u start adding neon/fog lights/stereo/ and everything else that needs power
Old Jul 1, 2002, 11:50 PM

actually i did this last night. there is a hole its on the passenger side just big enough for a 4 guage power wire. if you look from inside the engine compartment its on the top left side about the size of a silver dollar. now since i didnt have enough power cable to run it that way. (used it for the alarm i installed). if you take the driver kickpanel off and look up toward the top there is a group of wrapped wires that goes into the quarter panel. you have to cut the grommet and run the wire into there then through the quarter panel and out the inside of the engine right next to the battery. the sweet thing is when you pull up the side step rails in the car they have the existing wires held down with a clip and the power wire i ran fit real snug on top of it. if you want pics just let me know and i can take some and post them for yall. good luck
Old Jul 28, 2002, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EternalEvo
actually i did this last night. there is a hole its on the passenger side just big enough for a 4 guage power wire. if you look from inside the engine compartment its on the top left side about the size of a silver dollar. now since i didnt have enough power cable to run it that way. (used it for the alarm i installed). if you take the driver kickpanel off and look up toward the top there is a group of wrapped wires that goes into the quarter panel. you have to cut the grommet and run the wire into there then through the quarter panel and out the inside of the engine right next to the battery. the sweet thing is when you pull up the side step rails in the car they have the existing wires held down with a clip and the power wire i ran fit real snug on top of it. if you want pics just let me know and i can take some and post them for yall. good luck
can any one tell me how to remove the fac radio from my 02 lancer o-z and can i get those pics for wiring the amp cuse i have teh same problem
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:45 AM

you can run the wire with out drilling a hole there is a rubber gromet on the passenger side of the car if you look in the pasenger foot area up in the dash you will see it and it is easy to get to under neath the hood also. i fit my 4awg wire through it with a minium prob. You will have to cut a hole in the rubber gromet though so be carefull not to cut anything in the process
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by EternalEvo
Pics!!! I need pics!!! Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

for those with automatics, go down where the pedals are. there should be a nice hole for where the clutch linkage would be....
Old Sep 30, 2002, 06:05 AM

Pics please EternalEvo
Old Sep 30, 2002, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

ryancb,
This is the post for removing your factory radio

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...?threadid=6686

Quick Reply: A hole in the firewall!!!