Help, ERROR DC msg! - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Help, ERROR DC msg!

Old Jan 11, 2019, 07:31 AM

Help, ERROR DC msg!

I recently purchased a 2010 Lancer SE equiped with the Rockford Fosgate sound system.
Previous owner said they believe they blew/fried the sub somehow, as it apparently quit mid-song, then the msg "ERROR DC" appeared, and is still shown on the radio display.
The radio display shows correct time, and the 6-disc CD changer still operates. This suggests to me the radio is still functioning and OK.
After doing some online research, I have learned the ERROR DC msg can indicate several things: a bad radio head unit, a bad amp, a blown speaker, a short to ground on a speaker wire, and lastly, the #31 blown 30 amp fuse.
I also read that locating and repairing any short to ground can resolve the ERROR DC msg, and return the radio function.
If they indeed "fried the sub", if I were to simply disconnect the 4 wires feeding it, would that not suffice as a short term "fix" and restore radio function, - minus the sub of course?

I'm a mechanic, not an audio guy, so I don't want to do any further damage, but I could live without the sub for now, if this won't cause any further damage.

Please advise...

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.