Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Top 5 reasons to have a killer sound system name yours

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all for ballanced systems and I can see how my last reason might have come accross as cocky but I work nights and sleep in the day and people are always doing loud stuff during the day and it is anoying while trying to sleep I also commute 100 miles a day to work so having sounds in the car on the ride is important to me I didn't mean to come across as a punk kid but at the same time I do like to have fun with my system
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
So when sitting in my car listening to my stereo, It sounds like live music, not like I'm sitting in my car listening to my stereo.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
So when sitting in my car listening to my stereo, It sounds like live music, not like I'm sitting in my car listening to my stereo.

HUH
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sentinal
I'm all for ballanced systems and I can see how my last reason might have come accross as cocky but I work nights and sleep in the day and people are always doing loud stuff during the day and it is anoying while trying to sleep I also commute 100 miles a day to work so having sounds in the car on the ride is important to me I didn't mean to come across as a punk kid but at the same time I do like to have fun with my system

What exactly do you do for a living
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
HUH
Until you've heard a great system, you wouldn't understand. Hearing a female vocalist and it sounds like she's laying on your hood singing to you. You hear every breath she takes and get goosebumps and the hair on the back of your neck stands up.

Go to a high end home audio shop and listen to their best demo system. Not home theater, 2 channel audio. After auditioning 150K in equipment, you'll know what I mean.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Until you've heard a great system, you wouldn't understand. Hearing a female vocalist and it sounds like she's laying on your hood singing to you. You hear every breath she takes and get goosebumps and the hair on the back of your neck stands up.

Go to a high end home audio shop and listen to their best demo system. Not home theater, 2 channel audio. After auditioning 150K in equipment, you'll know what I mean.

dude, have you been reading this thread...BADEVO works in Car Audio for years...i would guess he has heard many many many systems like you are talking about
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry but everyone who blasts their system everywhere they go and at stoplights is just straight up lame, the only ladies you will get from that are hoes because no self respecting woman would get in a car like that.. actually no self respecting PERSON would... top 5 reasons why i don't see a reason for this post...

#5 I'm not into making my car a show car at all.
#4 It's annoying to cars next to you who only hear the stupid bass of music.
#3 It looks and sounds stupid.
#2 I prefer to save my hearing rather than driving at speeds over 50 with my windows open and music blasting.. you WILL go deaf if you do it long enough.
#1 It actually isn't entertaining at all except to the person who did it.

I have put systems in my cars but never wnet with subs and amps, if your smart about it you can get a great system with some good speakers. And I AM into music I attended about a year of college studying audio recording at one of the top music schools in the Northeast. Sorry man, but those "bumpin" systems are pretty immature.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Um my roomate does full home intergration systems on Kiawah Island so um, I know exactly what you mean. I just listened to a 300K system in the home of a pro golfer that was insane.

Building a system that has an accurate soundstage in a car was what I have been talking about.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I used to slam the hell out of my old car...pushing 150dB at sound off. I guess there is a point in time when you just grow out of loud systems. Currently I am happy with the Sun and Sound Infinity which I am sure I will one day upgrade.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Top 1 reason to have a killer sound system: It could kill you.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...1-014/page.asp
Old Sep 16, 2004, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmm...Yes, i love that...I work at a high end small home audio shop here and we sell B&W and Rotel - you can definately get better, but damn...Nautilus 804's with almost 1000W to them definately makes the chest beat a little slower...Holly Cole's new CD comes to mind as far as hair raising...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

I think this discussion is lost... he didn't post about why to "crank your sub and vibrate the hell out of the car." He asked why you chose to upgrade your ENTIRE system. To me, that means headunit, speakers, and subs and amp if you so chose to install them. That being said, here's my list of why I got my work done.

5. To learn how to install and work on a car audio system
4. To be able to nullify the 'system' of the meathead next to me playing nothing but bass
3. To be able to enjoy music at a louder volume without distortion
2. To be able to pick up the lows (and highs) that stock systems sometimes can't get
1. Because I absolutely love music, and any way I can make it sound better I'll do

I'll admit that I crank the volume a lot, but I listen to a lot of punk that doesn't produce much bass. So if I have the windows up, you might be able to hear a little bit of something, but you definitely wouldn't be able to identify it.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SK Lancer
Hmmm...Yes, i love that...I work at a high end small home audio shop here and we sell B&W and Rotel - you can definately get better, but damn...Nautilus 804's with almost 1000W to them definately makes the chest beat a little slower...Holly Cole's new CD comes to mind as far as hair raising...

Great CD! I use 802's and a Milbert amp or Crown Monoblocks on Martin Logans when I can get in this guys house.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbizzowers
I think this discussion is lost... he didn't post about why to "crank your sub and vibrate the hell out of the car." He asked why you chose to upgrade your ENTIRE system. To me, that means headunit, speakers, and subs and amp if you so chose to install them. That being said, here's my list of why I got my work done.

5. To learn how to install and work on a car audio system
4. To be able to nullify the 'system' of the meathead next to me playing nothing but bass
3. To be able to enjoy music at a louder volume without distortion
2. To be able to pick up the lows (and highs) that stock systems sometimes can't get
1. Because I absolutely love music, and any way I can make it sound better I'll do

I'll admit that I crank the volume a lot, but I listen to a lot of punk that doesn't produce much bass. So if I have the windows up, you might be able to hear a little bit of something, but you definitely wouldn't be able to identify it.

wow... beautiful explanation/answers. i couldn't help but agree with everything u just said.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Great CD! I use 802's and a Milbert amp or Crown Monoblocks on Martin Logans when I can get in this guys house.
Crown? Like the PA amps? I used to use Crown's gear when I used to DJ, but I never thought of using them in the HT world - I always thought they'd be too dirty (although I did use them on subs and horns)

Quick Reply: Top 5 reasons to have a killer sound system name yours