Notices

2010 Lancer GTS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Lancer GTS

First off. If I am posting in the wrong area I do apologize.

I have a current issue, and was wondering if anyone else came across the same situation either by themselves/forums/friend. I currently own the lancer as the title suggests, and I am the sole owner since it rolled out of the dealership. Long story short. I was involved in a fender bender April of 17. Got an oil change shortly after, and after 3k miles from oil change I started to have "low oil pressure" message come up whenever we took a sharp turn or pressed on the brakes a little too hard. We took it to get a second oil change, and the same thing had occurred. Checking the dipstick I found that there wasn't much oil on it but at the edge of the stick. On one occasion the "service engine soon" light came on, let it sit overnight, and the light was off, on another the same light came on, added oil, and it was good to go. Story doesn't seem to be short anymore, but we took it to the dealership and they did an oil consumption test. There is a slight ticking sound coming from the engine also. Turns out the rings are damaged, and they quoted us with engine assembly replacement. My question is: Has there ever been any reports of faulty rings, or anything that would suggest the same? Mainly 4b12. Mileage 131000+

These warning lights weren't on for long, and the "low oil pressure" only occurred during those maneuvers. I think, had we sat on these lights longer then a week, then I would agree these problems were a result of that. However, the vehicle ran fine, the lights weren't on for longer than 20 min. If someone could let me know if I am in the wrong here I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for reading also.

Last edited by SGTMongo; Mar 8, 2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Further clarify description, add mileage