Notices

EvoScan questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoScan questions

Hey, im having trouble getting any response from evoscan at all, so i thought i would try here.

I have a 1999 CE lancer coupe, that i have swapped a 4g69 into and its running fine and all of that. as its a cheap race car, i want to get rid of the immobiliser, so i dont need the key etc.
From what i can gather, Evoscan should be able to do this, but i have asked a question on their helpdesk about which cable to buy, and if it can do this, but a month later, no one has replied.

Evoscan is still a running business arent they? can anyone here suggest a better way to contact them? Not super keen on hitting "BUY" on anything if they arent responding

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2019, 08:40 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I have no idea whats up with evoscan but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't to keen on answering "How do i defeat OEM anti-theft with your product" type questions . On that note the information your looking for is available on this site if you search for it. What your going to want to look into is what ecu does your car have, what roms does it support, and are there any definition files available for any of those roms.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah fair point, I didn't even think about that! Duh!

Thanks, I'll have a search and see what I can find