EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums-200/)
-   -   ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums/380947-road-race-new-n-power.html)

ROCK Nov 11, 2008 09:15 PM

ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power

We have been working in secret to increase N/A power. Some things are easy and you run straight at them, like reflashes, but warranty concerns and permenancy are issues to customers. Also having to run 91+ octane even on a long trip is an issue to many.

I always hear plug and play, plug and play. Welllllll, A piggy plus plug and play timing advance solves the problem. You can unplug it in 60 seconds and go back to stock. Dealer will neve know it was there. IF you want to run 87 octane on a cross country trip, unplug it. We have already dynoed it on a stock 2009 Lancer and 9 h.p. alone without even touching fuel. That along with a piggyback, header etc..... Simply POPS.

It is almost ready but I am looking for 2 guys to do reviews. PM me. I will give you a special deal on this product. Meantime I will have dozens of takers. Looking for the most Loyal RRM guys to be the ones. Flash is gone in a flash!:helpme:

Warranty saver, reversible power that you can hold in your hand is here!

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

2009GRAYGTS Nov 11, 2008 09:37 PM

Was that power to the wheels? Would it come close to Works Flash, which was 19 hp to wheels on stock 2.4L? Price?

ChrisBond1 Nov 11, 2008 09:42 PM

Shoot me a PM of pricing and all that. I'm getting extra money soon so I could spend on this if the price is right.

Hydrolikz Nov 12, 2008 05:34 AM

How much? Like many others are probably thinking, if the price is right!

mmartahus Nov 12, 2008 06:04 AM

I'm interested. I dont have any performance mods yet, just a stock 5spd 2.4l 09lancer

mezzedupdream Nov 12, 2008 11:02 AM

Depending on the price, I might be interested. Only mod I have is HKS Prototype Exhaust. I was the guy who went to Split Second for you to do measurements.

evo_soul Nov 12, 2008 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Hydrolikz (Post 6339919)
How much? Like many others are probably thinking, if the price is right!

lol yes think of us peasant Canadians lol

ROCK Nov 12, 2008 11:48 AM

The price will be less than a piggy. It is not fixed yet. This will complement the piggy and other mods nicely.

Gts_BlackJoker Nov 12, 2008 04:25 PM

if its 9hp on the 2.4 how much can we expect on the 2.0? god it irks me the 09 came out with 2.4 and i got stuck with the 2.0.

LuDa Nov 12, 2008 06:31 PM

9hp is what needs to be known is that at the wheels or not..like others have asked..and dyno numbers?

WhiteGTS18 Nov 13, 2008 03:27 PM

yeah is the 9hp for the 2.0L or the 2.4L? does it work for both or will there be two different ones? and is there a need to tune it for different parts like more timing advance for 93 octane and headers ect?

crayonshinchan Nov 13, 2008 03:35 PM

"Also having to run 91+ octane even on a long trip is an issue to many."

Can someone enlighten me on why running 91 octane is an issue to many? I just started running 91 to my car because I noticed an improvement in throttle response and smoother shifting (with RRM V2 SRI + Pulley), is it good/harmful for the engine to run at a higher octane than it is rated at?

brads09lancerGT Nov 13, 2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by crayonshinchan (Post 6346720)

Can someone enlighten me on why running 91 octane is an issue to many? I just started running 91 to my car because I noticed an improvement in throttle response and smoother shifting (with RRM V2 SRI + Pulley), is it good/harmful for the engine to run at a higher octane than it is rated at?

i'm not a mechanic so I'm just going from what I heard. My good friend is a journeyman mechanic for 15+ years and I asked him about running higher octane. He said that for cars like ours over time(couple years) it is worse for your engine. can't remember the reason, I'll have to ask him next time he's in town. Correct me if I'm wrong

ambystom01 Nov 13, 2008 05:02 PM

If the car is tuned to run 87 octane from the factory, running 91 is a waste of money and can potentially harm the cat and lead to carbon deposits on the valves. The higher the octane, the slower the burn and the higher the resistance to knock. If you don't have knock on 87, moving up is completely pointless. The reason why turbo cars or high performance NA cars use 91 or higher octane is because the temperature of the intake charge and the dynamics of the motor are such that you need the detonation protection and the slower burn.

brads09lancerGT Nov 13, 2008 05:15 PM

that's pretty much the identical thing my buddy said. I can't believe I didn't remember that:D

ambystom01 Nov 13, 2008 05:17 PM

The only way to absolutely know that 87 is fine is to do some datalogging, if you're concerned about knock you can bump up to 89, 91 is overdoing it and 93/94 is just pissing money away.

crayonshinchan Nov 13, 2008 06:37 PM

icic, thanks for the help! :D

But what about the WORKS ECU flash, it asks what octane you want them to tune for. Does that mean if I get my ECU flash by them for 91 octane, then it is okay to run 91 in the long run and not harm the engine?

ambystom01 Nov 13, 2008 06:50 PM

The reason they ask what octane you want is because they can go more aggressive or less aggressive with the timing depending on your own wants/needs. Higher octane allows for more aggressive timing which in turn makes more power. If you are tuned to run 91 octane, it's perfectly safe.

doctorjon Nov 13, 2008 07:00 PM

Yeah running higher octane when your car doesn't exactly need it is pretty pointless. And what amby has stated is true. Higher octane gas can help with engine knock and pinging. Read your car manual. If it prefers higher octane i would follow through. If not using the middle gas is okay. I would prefer using the middle number.

dukeds Nov 13, 2008 10:18 PM

Can anyone tell me what exactly is performed by the technician if i get my car-- Lancer GTS tuned? I thought tuning involves altering the ECU code....and yet so far only Works provides a ECU flash. Even if i got a flash how would i know if it's the best settings for my car? ( They would only have my mailed-in ECU, not my car)

ambystom01 Nov 13, 2008 10:28 PM

I presume the WORKS reflash is a generic reflash, not specific. In order to get the most out of the car, you'd need to get it road/dyno tuned.

ROCK Nov 13, 2008 10:28 PM

I am sure you guys are gonna love this. I have a few production peices on order now that we have finished the dynoes and nights of 100 mph pulls down the highway. This is the only way to go if you have mods and are in the process of adding more and more things. IT will adjust with it. Just like a piggy that will always be tuned, tunable (custom) and able to be romoved. Flash is just a one time thing and cannot be changed as you add more mods etc....

doctorjon Nov 13, 2008 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 6348004)
I am sure you guys are gonna love this. I have a few production peices on order now that we have finished the dynoes and nights of 100 mph pulls down the highway. This is the only way to go if you have mods and are in the process of adding more and more things. IT will adjust with it. Just like a piggy that will always be tuned, tunable (custom) and able to be romoved. Flash is just a one time thing and cannot be changed as you add more mods etc....

^^ Very well said.

dukeds Nov 13, 2008 10:39 PM

is it possible to have a V2 piggy that perhaps combines with this new advance timing thing that is plug and play also?

ambystom01 Nov 14, 2008 06:33 AM

Are you talking about combining the piggyback with the flash?

mezzedupdream Nov 14, 2008 06:54 AM

yes you will use the piggy+plug and play

dukeds Nov 14, 2008 05:25 PM

i wasn't sure if this new device is a stand alone product or it requires the piggyback. i would get a piggyback if i didn't have to splice the wires.

mmartahus Nov 14, 2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by dukeds (Post 6351177)
i wasn't sure if this new device is a stand alone product or it requires the piggyback. i would get a piggyback if i didn't have to splice the wires.

+1

ROCK Nov 14, 2008 08:47 PM

THis does not replace a piggy but it is a step in the "PIGGY DIRECTION" but it just plugs in.

mmartahus Nov 14, 2008 08:53 PM

so it is possible to just have this product, no other mods? would that produce any more power? How much will it be and when can we buy it on your website??

WhiteGTS18 Nov 15, 2008 03:20 PM

so does this spice in and if so how many wires? or does it just connect between something. what is involved in the installation?

chetman7 Nov 15, 2008 08:17 PM

its an issue b/c its expensive

ambystom01 Nov 15, 2008 08:53 PM

Not so much anymore.

nj_08_gts Nov 15, 2008 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01 (Post 6354523)
Not so much anymore.

It won't be that way for long {thumbup}

Mitsu008 Nov 15, 2008 10:00 PM

ROCK is ur ROAD/RACE PIGGY BACK ECU- VER. 1 TURBO for the 08s?/ can i use it to tune my car for fuel management cuz it runs like Crap untuned matter of fact im taking the turbo off Sunday morning

ROCK Nov 16, 2008 03:50 PM

That piggy is not for turbo.
91 or 93 octane is what is required with a reflash so some guys are willing to do it. we have this tuned to 91 octane. IF you want to stay 87 only then RRM PIGGYBACK only is the way to go. We are discussing the unit. Again it PLUGS IN> PLUGS OUT. That is it. We want 2 guys to review it. It will cost something but there will be a nice little discount. If you do not want this product, DYNOED 9 H.P., then you will not want a flash and bust your warranty!!!! IF you want to be one of these guys....... SEE MY FIRST POST, then contact me by phone.

Evolve247 Nov 17, 2008 11:13 AM

i've lent my car for these 'testing periods' Rob is talkin about. Can't wait to see what comes of all this.

WhiteGTS18 Nov 17, 2008 02:41 PM

I called earlier looking for you Rob but they said you weren't in yet so i'm gonna try back in a little while. I am deffinately interested in testing out this product.

WhiteGTS18 Nov 17, 2008 04:06 PM

nevermind talked with someone else and they said you were looking for only local people, didn't realize that. well anyway as soon as its ready for sale im down for 1 along with the pzev headers and cel eliminator.

ROCK Nov 17, 2008 06:10 PM

No. Thye thought that. A non local will be fine for this product. Call tomorrow after 3 PAC time. If I am not there, leave your number.

Paloom Jan 1, 2009 09:17 PM

So whatever happened to this secret mod?

BABYGOTBACK Jan 1, 2009 10:25 PM

So let me get this right?! You do not need the RRM Piggy Back for this "Plug and Play" set up. You can gain up to 9 h.p. with the 2.4 ltr 09 Lancer. What other gains will you get with the RRM intake, headers, axle back? Will this benefit the 2008 2.0 equally as the 2.4 or is the larger displacement giving you the main power source? Last question or topic of discussion is cost, and availability?? Thanks again ROCK!!

Richplaydo Jan 4, 2009 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paloom (Post 6525680)
So whatever happened to this secret mod?

Yeah an update would be cool... and if you can reveal some more details that would be great. Its all a little vague

ROCK Jan 4, 2009 10:19 AM

We got the srong plugs so we were waiting for the right ones. White GTS will be our test car. Will not be long now.

Stuntfly02 Jan 4, 2009 02:20 PM

I can't believe i missed this thread. This is exactly the type of mod I've been waiting for. Hope this is finished soon, as I get a rather large raise this year and I plan to go big on some mods.

NJ08LancerGTS Jan 4, 2009 02:39 PM

^^

save up your money for a turbo lil mods won't help if your looking for something seriously noticable.

Stuntfly02 Jan 4, 2009 06:44 PM

Gonna be a while before the CVT Turbo is released from the looks of it. And I dont have 5k to drop on something like that. Looking for NA power build items and show items only.

LuDa Jan 4, 2009 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 6356634)
That piggy is not for turbo.
91 or 93 octane is what is required with a reflash so some guys are willing to do it. we have this tuned to 91 octane. IF you want to stay 87 only then RRM PIGGYBACK only is the way to go. We are discussing the unit. Again it PLUGS IN> PLUGS OUT. That is it. We want 2 guys to review it. It will cost something but there will be a nice little discount. If you do not want this product, DYNOED 9 H.P., then you will not want a flash and bust your warranty!!!! IF you want to be one of these guys....... SEE MY FIRST POST, then contact me by phone.

so what advantage are you guys offering over works flash of 19 to the wheels vs your 9, for i can only assume to be in the same ballpark area of 350 bucks judging from your pricing of other products

dcobeo7931 Jan 4, 2009 09:16 PM

i would definitely be interested in this......cant wait i've been lurking forever...just collecting info here and there....would love an extra 9....

ROCK Jan 6, 2009 04:38 PM

It is coming, I swear,

BABYGOTBACK Jan 8, 2009 05:22 PM

Once again Rock, to clarify; is this going to be for the 2009 2.4 or also for the 2008 2.0? Will other bolt on parts like your intake and headers make any difference in the power department? Lastly, cost???? THanks again!

ROCK Jan 8, 2009 06:01 PM

Cost TBA. It will be for both the 08 2.0 and the 09 2.4. This will really bring to life other mods you aleady have on the car. Otherwise the box alone on a stocker yeilded 9 h.p. on the dyno. Expect a greater gain if you have stuff like header etc....

LuDa Jan 9, 2009 12:05 AM

im still looking into something to get for my fiances lancer to give her a little boost in power, i assume you guys are going to price this reasonable? by that i mean under 300? again i ask if you guys do price it above 300 what advantage are you guys providing over works tune whos is 349-399 and gives 19hp at the wheels instead of 9?

ROCK Jan 9, 2009 06:56 AM

This is under $300 for sure. But it will NOT VOID WARRANTY. Reflash will void warranty in most cases since ECU is so interconnected with everything from headlights to head temps. This way everyone has choices.

AJsGenerX Jan 9, 2009 10:56 AM

Hey Rock, if you made some cams, I'd buy them for sure. That will guarantee some N/A power.

AJsGenerX Jan 9, 2009 11:01 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm past the warranty issue lol.

EngRWW33 Jan 9, 2009 11:56 AM

What kind of cams would you look for??? Too aggressive will greatly compromise a comfortable ride. Not sure if cams are worth it at this point.... sorry for the OFF TOPIC

Stuntfly02 Jan 11, 2009 10:56 AM

Actually, besides a full reflash and tune by someone, cams would be one of the single most effective NA power adders you could get. Can alter so many aspects of how the car makes power just by altering cam lobe profiles. Keeping that intake valve open for a split second longer can get you just that much more air into your mixture to give noticeable gains. And EVERYONE would notice the real gains on their butt dynos.

ROCK Jan 11, 2009 11:33 PM

I have the first unit. Price will be $239. Just plug in and out. Very cool. You should hear more about it soon.

Roctght Jan 12, 2009 08:57 AM

Ok, so I have nothing done to my 09 GTS Manual. Will this mod give me 9hp to the wheels? and this is a simple plug in and out right? Then from my understanding, as I add new mods down the road, this will compliment it more and I can change settings?

BABYGOTBACK Jan 12, 2009 03:23 PM

$239 is a steal for 9 hp!! I would like to see a picture of the and a how to of the assembly for exactly how this will plug and play.........Hey ROCK....can you give us anymore details? Is this been tested over a long period of time (mileage)? Get ready for my order ROCK< just want a few more specific details which I am sure you will be posting in the near future!

ROCK Jan 12, 2009 04:48 PM

Just plug and plug. Post picts tomorrow for sure.

BABYGOTBACK Jan 13, 2009 02:24 AM

Definetly excited to see the pics Rock. Would you recommend this plug and play set up first or work on the intake and exhaust end of things ie........ SRI, Headers, axleback????? Or with this set up will it even matter from the get go? Thanks again RRM for new and affordable products for our Lancers!

Stuntfly02 Jan 13, 2009 10:52 AM

It will work either way ide assume. Know you have the sri or piggy and adjust accordingly. From what Rob was saying in the earlier posts it will compliment the other mods nicely.

lancer0220 Jan 13, 2009 10:58 AM

PICS PLEASE :) :) details details !

LuDa Jan 13, 2009 01:03 PM

this is 9whp?

crayonshinchan Jan 13, 2009 02:22 PM

$239 is a very reasonable price for 9WHP (confirm?) , but for us Canadian users will we get hit by crazy duties and shipping for this product? I'm interested in getting this but last time I bought a $219 RRM V2 intake and after duty/shipping I ended up paying over $300 and that was when $1 CAD was trading for $0.98 US!!

This time I hope the shipping will be less since it should be a much lighter/smaller package than the intake. Sucks to buy mods in Canada {thumbdwn}

Infamous_pt4 Jan 13, 2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by crayonshinchan (Post 6566365)
$239 is a very reasonable price for 9WHP (confirm?) , but for us Canadian users will we get hit by crazy duties and shipping for this product? I'm interested in getting this but last time I bought a $219 RRM V2 intake and after duty/shipping I ended up paying over $300 and that was when $1 CAD was trading for $0.98 US!!

This time I hope the shipping will be less since it should be a much lighter/smaller package than the intake. Sucks to buy mods in Canada {thumbdwn}

how did you pay that much? i got the sri and crank pulley and i only paid 50$ c.o.d and whatever it cost to ship i think it was like 50ish for both of it and that was when the cdn $ was at 98 or 97 cents,and when i got the splitter it was 100 to ship cuz of the size and was 114 c.o.d,sounds like you got ripped big time by customs

Infamous_pt4 Jan 13, 2009 02:58 PM

so if the plug n play is tuned for 91,and im hearing that it can do harm to your car running 91 if your car isnt tuned for it,will this plug n play being tuned for 91 be ok in the long run?will it act as if your car was tuned for 91 in the start?

Stuntfly02 Jan 13, 2009 04:39 PM

As with the RRM piggyback ecu this will make your car tuned to run 91 octane. Should have no adverse effects.

BABYGOTBACK Jan 13, 2009 04:57 PM

I am just confused as to what this plug and play exactly does to help gain HP? Does it change or over ride the settings of the ECU and plug into it, or does it accomplish power other ways? Can't wait for pics and first reviews!

Infamous_pt4 Jan 13, 2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 (Post 6566899)
As with the RRM piggyback ecu this will make your car tuned to run 91 octane. Should have no adverse effects.

nice, **** for that price its well worth it,hope its the same for the 08 gts in terms of hp gains

brads09lancerGT Jan 13, 2009 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK (Post 6566969)
I am just confused as to what this plug and play exactly does to help gain HP? Does it change or over ride the settings of the ECU and plug into it, or does it accomplish power other ways? Can't wait for pics and first reviews!

What exactly does it do to gain the power? Is it 9 whp just by itself? Pics and more info would be great please. Thanks

08Lancer89 Jan 13, 2009 05:52 PM

I want this!!! More info! Will work good with sri, exhaust, pulley!

ROCK Jan 13, 2009 07:53 PM

First review should be out in a week or so. As for the piggy......... Piggy RUNS on 87 octane not 91. This new product would require you to run higher octane just as a reflash does. Both products can work together though. That is what we wanted. Everything a reflash has really but in the end you own SOMETHING and can remove them for an warranty issue you may have. No issues will be related to these items! That is for sure.

lancer0220 Jan 14, 2009 01:11 PM

Pictures ? details ?

BABYGOTBACK Jan 14, 2009 02:08 PM

< BUMP> Show me the money!!!!!!

Stuntfly02 Jan 14, 2009 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK (Post 6570514)
< BUMP> Show me the money!!!!!!

why bump a thread in which the last post was today? bumps are usually for old threads that havent had activity for a while.

BABYGOTBACK Jan 14, 2009 02:15 PM

I am on the East Coast, so hopefully by tonight while at work Rock will have posted some pics or more information/data on this great break threw! :)

cRc`22 Jan 14, 2009 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 6567552)
First review should be out in a week or so. As for the piggy......... Piggy RUNS on 87 octane not 91. This new product would require you to run higher octane just as a reflash does. Both products can work together though. That is what we wanted. Everything a reflash has really but in the end you own SOMETHING and can remove them for an warranty issue you may have. No issues will be related to these items! That is for sure.

u can reflash for whatever octane of ur choosing.. not just 91.. and i doubt any Mitsu tech will know ur ECU is tuned (at my dealership anyways)..

brads09lancerGT Jan 14, 2009 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 6562797)
Just plug and plug. Post picts tomorrow for sure.

:dunno:

lancer0220 Jan 14, 2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by cRc`22 (Post 6571149)
u can reflash for whatever octane of ur choosing.. not just 91.. and i doubt any Mitsu tech will know ur ECU is tuned (at my dealership anyways)..

this is true MOST techs only know how to follow the service manual. and im pretty sure theres not a section that says do steps 1-9 to see if owner has tuned the car. if there is then ok they will know otherwise the tech would only find out if he got curious and did some actual work or if the dealership gave their techs a kickback for finding reasons to void warranty (not sure if they do or dont im just saying).

the tech at my dealer (sadly) said i couldnt install the navigation system into my car because he couldnt program it and only mitsubishi japan could program it
:lol:

and of course we all know you can install it.

sstill waiting on the pics ! :)

Racecarzz08 Jan 14, 2009 05:58 PM

is this 9whp? or just 9hp? i dont think rock responded to anyone whos asked.

Stuntfly02 Jan 14, 2009 09:04 PM

I have a feeling its 9whp. Takes to much time to remove an engine and dyno it at the crank. Im hoping they took a stock car and ran it on the dyno, then added the part and did another run.

athmak15 Jan 14, 2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 (Post 6572102)
I have a feeling its 9whp. Takes to much time to remove an engine and dyno it at the crank. Im hoping they took a stock car and ran it on the dyno, then added the part and did another run.

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 6339186)
We have been working in secret to increase N/A power. Some things are easy and you run straight at them, like reflashes, but warranty concerns and permenancy are issues to customers. Also having to run 91+ octane even on a long trip is an issue to many.

I always hear plug and play, plug and play. Welllllll, A piggy plus plug and play timing advance solves the problem. You can unplug it in 60 seconds and go back to stock. Dealer will neve know it was there. IF you want to run 87 octane on a cross country trip, unplug it. We have already dynoed it on a stock 2009 Lancer and 9 h.p. alone without even touching fuel. That along with a piggyback, header etc..... Simply POPS.

It is almost ready but I am looking for 2 guys to do reviews. PM me. I will give you a special deal on this product. Meantime I will have dozens of takers. Looking for the most Loyal RRM guys to be the ones. Flash is gone in a flash!:helpme:

Warranty saver, reversible power that you can hold in your hand is here!

there :)

08Lancer89 Jan 15, 2009 07:02 AM

RoB I emailed you buddy :)

lancer0220 Jan 15, 2009 08:35 AM

Leaked picture !!!

1 Attachment(s)
Below is the photo of this +9hp item !

:lol: Im just kidding not trying to bash RRM Im just dieing to see or know what exactly this mystery item is!

Roctght Jan 15, 2009 11:05 AM

Ok, in all the post, one thing for sure is not confirmed, is this 9hp to the wheels or not? If its just 9hp, that is a waste of money. Plus, if I put this on my stock GTS, I have nothing done at this point, as I add more to it, does this have to be tweaked at all? does it help the other mods more without tweaking? etc.

WhiteGTS18 Jan 15, 2009 03:02 PM

hey guys I'm the one Rob has testing this thing. I should be getting it in a week or so, expect a nice full writeup on it with pictures. it never will need to be tweaked and it will give 9hp right off the bat with a stock car. The more mods done to the car the more of a difference this will do. i will be testing it with my RRM V2 intake and pully. i have a msd dashhawk so i will post before and after 0-60 times as well as a butt dyno graph, haha. I will also be recieving the PZEV header which will be installed shortly after, along with a full writeup on that.

LS1CRAZY01 Jan 15, 2009 04:10 PM

So I read this whole thing and saw that it works with a 2.0 in the 08's and 2.4's in the 09's but how about a 2.0 09 with a CVT??????? and what kind of power can be expected for the 2.0? Also what is this changing in the ECM to make more power? And lastly where is this pluging into? Im guessing the diagnostic port under the dash? Thanks in advance!

athmak15 Jan 15, 2009 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by LS1CRAZY01 (Post 6575352)
So I read this whole thing and saw that it works with a 2.0 in the 08's and 2.4's in the 09's but how about a 2.0 09 with a CVT??????? and what kind of power can be expected for the 2.0? Also what is this changing in the ECM to make more power? And lastly where is this pluging into? Im guessing the diagnostic port under the dash? Thanks in advance!

2.0 in the 08 and the 2.0 in 09 are the same. They're both the 4B11 engine. The 09 GTS is the only one with the 2.4.

EngRWW33 Jan 15, 2009 05:57 PM

09 2.0 and 08 2.0 are exactly the same engine...

ROCK Jan 15, 2009 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roctght (Post 6574039)
Ok, in all the post, one thing for sure is not confirmed, is this 9hp to the wheels or not? If its just 9hp, that is a waste of money. Plus, if I put this on my stock GTS, I have nothing done at this point, as I add more to it, does this have to be tweaked at all? does it help the other mods more without tweaking? etc.

It is 9 h.p. at the wheels and better yet the improvement is achieved over a pretty wide rpm range.

Stuntfly02 Jan 15, 2009 06:19 PM

deleted

LuDa Jan 15, 2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 6575867)
It is 9 h.p. at the wheels and better yet the improvement is achieved over a pretty wide rpm range.

so this will help CVT owners with that low end? when will you guys release a dyno. im interested. it'd be nice for my daily to run a little faster.

WhiteGTS18 Jan 15, 2009 09:15 PM

it plugs right in between the MAP sensor under the plastic engine cover and then into the wire that pluged into the MAP sensor which goes to the ECU. It changes the timing which is how you get more power. It will work with any 08+ lancer no matter if you have the 2.0L or the 2.4L and or a manual or CVT. It plugs right in and is probably one of the easiest mods you can do to this car. If you need to bring it to the dealer for warranty work it is easily unpluged without leaving a trace of anything. I will post a full how to on how to install it within the next 2 weeks.

EngRWW33 Jan 16, 2009 04:50 AM

I'm really excited for this!!! 9whp stock is a great gain for $240!

LS1CRAZY01 Jan 16, 2009 06:10 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Any word on how much H.P. a 2.0 CVT would gain?

lancer0220 Jan 16, 2009 06:15 AM

Any idea if fuel economy will be severely hurt by this ?

WhiteGTS18 Jan 16, 2009 10:24 PM

I am not 100% on this so rob please feel free to correct me but from my knowledge of the product it should only hurt fuel economy under heavy load as would any other performance product, in order to make more power there needs to be more fuel, plain and simple. I would not say "severely hurt" though, just a little change as to be expected. normal driving fuel economy should stay around the same. due to the timing being changed though it does require higher octane fuel which will cost you a little more but only a dollar or two more per fill up. I would not worry about it though especially with how gas prices have dropped back down finally.