Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

CEL code P0421

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEL code P0421

Car threw a code yesterday, I got it scanned and the code was the P0421... I searched around on evom and found it could be a recall and to call them and such. Well when I talked to them they said the exhaust systems on the car are warrantied up to 80k miles, but I had the car taken in about 3 years ago for the PCM reflash, and they said because of that it is warrantied to 100k miles now on the cat. Well they told em to bring it in on friday, and I would have to sign a waiver saying they were doing their diagnostics and if it was the cat, it would be a free fix, and if it wasn't I would have to pay the $106 diagnostics fee. I was wondering how would I check to see if it is the cat or not myself before bringing it in, or what else it could be? My car is an 03 ES if it matters
Old Aug 25, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump, anyone? Im taking it in friday morning and I want to hear your opinions if it is worth $106 if its not the warm up cat