Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

what is this?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2008, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is this?

on the left of the picture *under a lancer of course* i have no idea what it is unless its the resonator. is this correct? if so, what is its purpose? i'm debating on which exhaust to get for my car and i do not want bumble bee/coffee can sound. thanks for the help!
Old Sep 20, 2008, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes it is ia resonator.... i would assume the purpose is to keep the sounds down...
I don't know how loud it is without but I can only imagine if they had to slap this thing on there
Old Sep 20, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

That looks like the HKS axle-back exhaust system. The resonator is suppose to cut down on the noise level, and the HKS kit is probably the quietest of all kits available right now.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Yea that's the HKS. You can barely hear the difference between stock and having that exhaust on. When I first got it, you could tell the difference a little, but now it barely sounds any different from stock from inside the car. The only difference in sound would be when you start the car or from the outside.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:31 AM

awesome, thanks for the responses! I do not know if you are allowed to comment since you have it mezzedupdream, but is there any sort of noticeable acceleration gain with the prototype that you have on your lancer?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, can anyone write a review for this if they have it and or post a video so we can hear it. This might be just what I need since its supposed to have a nice qiuet tone