Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

RRM V2 Intake Heatshield Problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM V2 Intake Heatshield Problem

I installed my RRM V2 intake and everything went on great except i also have the RRM Front Strut Bar and the heatshield will not fit on with the strut bar. anyone else have this problem or have the same setup with no problem? i can get it in there but the bar pushes it like a centimeter too low so the bolts don't line up. figured since both parts were from RRM that it should work but i guess i was wrong. any advice?
Old Sep 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cut off a chunk of the heat shield to make it fit? That's about the best I can offer since I've never dealt with the V2 intake Post a pic if you can.

Last edited by nj_08_gts; Sep 21, 2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

you could just leave it off, I dont really think it does much anyways.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

tried rotating the shield around?

I know evolve has both on his car.... where is he when you need him?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

ive had it on for a few weeks with the heatshield off but then i touched the pipe after not even a lot of driving and it was pretty warm so i figured the heatshield should help but it wont fit. there is no way to rotate it and have it still line up. I thought about cutting a little section off of it but i don't really have the tools for that and I shouldn't have to do that as I already paid a good penny for both parts and they should fit without me doing so. hopefully evolve can tell me what he did to make it fit.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhiteGTS18
ive had it on for a few weeks with the heatshield off but then i touched the pipe after not even a lot of driving and it was pretty warm so i figured the heatshield should help but it wont fit. there is no way to rotate it and have it still line up. I thought about cutting a little section off of it but i don't really have the tools for that and I shouldn't have to do that as I already paid a good penny for both parts and they should fit without me doing so. hopefully evolve can tell me what he did to make it fit.
I have a feeling the pipe will be warm even with the heat shield...it's sitting underneath the hood of a car. You're going to feel a warm pipe no matter what you do...it's made of metal.

Last edited by nj_08_gts; Sep 22, 2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

kind of a funny thing that happened because i noticed the 09 bar fits just fine with the new V2.

What i had to do (since the heat-shield rubbed as well) was i got Road-Race to take a peek @ it and Rob had one of his guys remove the section that was hitting the strut-bar.

So my advice to you (since i believe the heat-shield does help) is cut that section away.

Im currently in an Apple store posting from their computers while they fix my damn iphone. Once i get a chance i'll post a pic of the heat-shield.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

RRM should ask if you have a bar and sell them already cut out. i wonder if they could send me one with that part missing. i would do it myself but i don't have any tools where i am to do that. how about a new heatshield ROCK?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 03:38 PM

Maybe just do a little trim up. Call us and we will help you out. Only heard of this one time before. I honestly forgot the fix for it.

ROAD/RACE
Old Oct 29, 2008, 07:38 PM

I've had the same issue. I just tossed the heat shield for the v2 I have and it actually sounds better.

Oh well, could be worse.