Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Controller

Hey guys, ok i know im going to get flamed for this but o well. Yes, I know it doesn't increase your HP but im just looking for a more fun drive. Please restrain yourself for posting comments relating to ideas such as "waste of money" or "does not increase HP so why bother". Much appreciated.
http://www.blitzperformancesales.com...n/throcon.html
Anway, I know this throttle controller is for the EVO X but will it fit on the current lancer?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

personally i think it takes away from the car. all this gadget does is decrease the amount of throw in the pedal. you now have that much less room to try play around with. If all you care about is getting to full throttle faster than go for it. It would probably fit but i cant say for sure.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:46 AM

This seems like another amplifier like the sprint booster except you have the option to turn it on and off. I wouldn't get it though, if you want "feel" just get sprint booster. But it doesn't actually increase any power though.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:43 PM

Yeah, I realised there isnt any power gains. But in comparison to the sprint booster, blitz throttle controller offers more flexibility by have a quick on and off system along with 3 sport modes that improves acceleration (but not power). All i need to know is if its compatible with the current lancer.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lancer_hta
Hey guys, ok i know im going to get flamed for this but o well. Yes, I know it doesn't increase your HP but im just looking for a more fun drive. Please restrain yourself for posting comments relating to ideas such as "waste of money" or "does not increase HP so why bother". Much appreciated.
http://www.blitzperformancesales.com...n/throcon.html
Anway, I know this throttle controller is for the EVO X but will it fit on the current lancer?
I dont think so, I beleive the experiment was already done with the sprint booster. Trying to use the Lancer module in the EVO X resulted a decrease in the throttle curve not an increase. So it was required its own calibration. So going the other way around I would say I dont think it would work very well you may have characteristics trying to operate it in your lancer.

Contact Blitz directly if you are interested in their unit they may have a more universal kit on the way.

Cheers
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:54 AM

thanks evo soul, keep up the good work in testing parts.