Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Lightweight crank puley

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightweight crank puley

Ok - all in all -- i'd really like to know from those who have this lightweight pulley mainly from RRM -- honestly is it really really worth it???? Like really... should I bother???
Old May 20, 2009, 08:23 AM

im getting mine installed today/tomorrow (with my uncles help b/c i dont own an impact gun)

and i will let you know if i can notice any difference.

1st/2nd are supposed to pull better because of the lighter weight.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
!=^^this

You will not gain any HP, but you will notice the differennce when running the A/C for sure.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, absolutely no gains in power, mainly a somewhat better throttle response, your choice.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:18 AM

I am planning to get this too. But not sure of the effect(s).
Old May 22, 2009, 09:51 AM

I got it put on today and driving on the way to work i really didn't notice a huge difference.

If anything the only thing i would say is that 1'st/2nd feel smoother. Not sure if you other M/T guys noticed but doesn't first gear give you like anything until about 2500-3000? well that feeling is gone and the car starts to move around lower RPM's.

I really haven't mashed the pedal yet to say its a HUGE throttle response difference but in terms of throttle response there seems to be a little bit more there.

I had 1000 miles on my stock pulley and it had that oil ring around it, im glad i replaced it with this pulley so i wouldn't have issues down the road.

Overall i'd say if you have the 139$ for it, why not right? Otherwise its not a very noticeable difference, like i didnt J#@$ in my pants when i got in my car to drive it afterwards.