Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

2015 Lancer GT bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Lancer GT bolt-ons

Hi all,

Brand new here, but have been stalking for the past couple weeks. I just passed down my 2010 Lancer ES Sport to my girlfriend and got myself a near new 2015 GT.

Love it to death, but I just want to make it mine to a further extent, and with that I need help.

First: No. I'm not asking about turbo options. Not doing it. Don't worry, read plenty and have all answers covered.

Second: I bought an Injen SRI. It's in the mail, haven't installed it yet. I'm hoping to pair this with a custom cat-back soon. I want to add on headers to the list, but my main concern is emissions. I've read that the FED models don't throw CEL's, I just need confirmation that I'll be good when testing time comes.
(In AZ they only check your gas cap and plug into the onboard system, nothing more. If the headers throw no codes, I'm going either RRM or OBX. I've heard better things about RRM than OBX, but nobody likes the price. Eh.)

Third: Living here in the desert is incredibly hot, and it just got hotter with the incoming heat wave for this year. Should I consider adding an aftermarket CVT cooler? I know RRM has one, but cheaper options exist.

Fourth: Thanks for the opportunity, I wish I had some knowledge to toss back in return for any help I get. Anybody need IT or guitar help? haha