Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

O2 Sensor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2004, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O2 Sensor

I have a RRM Testpipe and I went to take it off but i can't get the O2 sensor off, i even went and bought a O2 sensor removing tool and a can of PB Blaster. Do I have to have the o2 sensor or can i just run without it? Also how much will another cost me?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yes you need it. Im not really sure how to remove it tho. Sorry im no help.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Make sure you leave test pipe connected to the rest of the exhaust that way you can really put some torque on it to loosten it.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Wow i had your same problem. The damn thing was so stripped the o2 sensor socket stripped it even more. A new one will cost you anywhere from 100-250 bucks. I spent many hours trying to get past that damn thing. Heres the secret. Go inside the car take the center console off(pm me if you dont know how its easy you can figure it out if you just look at it). Just pull up the carpet on the passanger side(only a few inches) and you will see the white clip going to the O2 sensor. Just unclip that damn thing. Now you will be able the take the entire cat off. I took a locking wrench (vice Grip) and put it on there really tight got me a pipe and slid it over the end. I sat on it and my bro pulled on that ***** until it came off. What a good day that was. When you puting all your **** back together be sure to put the rubber thing around the O2 sensor wire back in the hole so it seals the water out. Otherwise youll have wet carpet. Good luck man i had the same pain in the *** problem, but you should be able to get it now.

Peace, Josh
Old Apr 5, 2004, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Pull up the carpet up in front on the passanger side near the center console
Old Apr 6, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

BTW you DO need your O2 sensor... without it, expect a CE light and most likely a huge decrease in gas mileage.