Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Have to replace Engine

Old Dec 6, 2018, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have to replace Engine

Hey guys, had a pretty rough day today. My car had been leaking oil and I wasn't aware, iv been on workers comp so I haven't been to work in over a month and I was heading to my doctors appointment that would allow me to return to work, as I was driving to my appointment my oil light came on but I had to get to this appointment and unfortunately as I was driving there my engine blew. Didn't think that light coming on was a 10 min lifespan warning of my car unless action was taken lol. I wish I took it more seriously. I still had 2,000 miles until my next oil change, I never would have thought my engine would go, nor did I think it could leak that quick, I wish it came on sooner. That was the first time the light ever came on.

So what I want to ask it what do you think the cost of an engine replacement would be? I just have the normal stock 2011 lancer. it was $19k when I got it so I think that's the DE version. But my buddy was telling me I should go and buy an engine my self first and then take it to a small shop. I live right next to Philly, I have a few shops iv been looking into that I want to take it too. I already got a quote for $3600 but I feel like that is wayy to much.

Also what are my options for engines? Could I possibly get a higher performing engine?

Any help would be great, thank you!
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Dec 6, 2018)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 07:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear of the engine failure

Certainly wanted to welcome you to the boards

I own a 2006 Lancer so cant really help w/your choices

Browse & search the boards. Hoping some of the guys, who know your year / model. can offer us some advice

Joe
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks man, Im thinking about taking out a loan to pay for it. I just really want to find the right place. I just don't know how much I should be paying for a job like this haha.

Search this Thread