Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Whats your guy's opinion on Chinese parts?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats your guy's opinion on Chinese parts?

I try to get DENSO when I can, but for instance MD348074 (cam sensor) the only non chinese parts i can find are either refurb or are insanely expensive.

Ive gotten 1 Chinese part so far (2 years ago) cooling fan controller. Was like 1/2 of the price of a "reputable brand" and its working like a champ so far.

Just curious what people's experience has been with Chinese made parts off of Aliexpress/Ebay?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Chinese anything is crap and hit and miss, just like most Chinese food too!!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 07:24 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Not sure where these are made, but two are from reputable companies with warranty. Personally ,I don't buy any parts from eBay and haven't heard of that other site. Maybe for my civic or other cheap ,non-performance vehicle, but not an Evo.

Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Not sure where these are made, but two are from reputable companies with warranty. Personally ,I don't buy any parts from eBay and haven't heard of that other site. Maybe for my civic or other cheap ,non-performance vehicle, but not an Evo.
Yeah I am getting one for a Lancer ES (2003), I looked at RockAuto, but they dont ship that particular part to California because "they dont have some sort of paperwork from that manufacturer". Thats for the cheaper one. The more expensive one, well thats the one Ill be replacing, which failed after 6 months. So I dont want another one of those.