Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

ECU reflash and piggyback questions

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2004, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU reflash and piggyback questions

Ok, From what I have read about the piggyback units, I don't see them as being very reliable or stable. I have seen places that advertise reflashing the ecu, and one locally even sayes that they can flash the new program into the ecu, and install a switch to go from stock to new program. Has anyone done this, or know which would be best? The piggy back thing makes me extremely nervous from what I have read, but then again, a reflash is kind of hard to reverse. I'm just looking at all my options.
Old May 7, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the pb for 3 weeks and let me tell you its a great mod... the only reason your nervous is that its just people mess up on the installation process, other than that it works fine. Don't bother with flipping a switch and what not, the only draw back is that you have run high octane otherwise it wont do you any good. it will mess up your car. you should try it out, i'll sell you mine ... all you need to do is solder it into your ecu, which is fairly simple.