EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech-56/)
-   -   Getting my RRM parts next week (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech/2368-getting-my-rrm-parts-next-week.html)

2wdSQL Mar 8, 2002 04:20 AM

Getting my RRM parts next week

Mucho Thanks to Rob at RRM (now if god would only give me my turbo money......:updown:). Hopefully I can dyno this thing and get some real numbers for everyone too. :mitsu:

EvoSouL Mar 8, 2002 04:30 AM

what were those parts again?

2wdSQL Mar 8, 2002 09:58 AM

Intake, Cat-back(minus the cat...running a straight pipe instead:D ) and B&M shift kit. Then I'm gonna get some rims and save up for induction. :mitsu:

2wdSQL Mar 8, 2002 10:09 AM

If no one has, had or does before me(let me know if you do) I'll post my dyno results anyway for the intake and exhaust. I'm expecting 10-13 but we shall see. :mitsu:

2wdSQL Mar 15, 2002 08:39 PM

They're Heeeereeeeeeee!!!!!!

:headbng2: :headbng2: :headbng2: Got my stuff on friday (4:30PM EST) unbelievably my UPS man came early. First off installed the intake. It took me an hour because I had to sit down and fenagle the connecting bolts to the MASS sensor off of the stupid air box(bakelite sh****** plastic in the world) :mad: DAMN BAKELITE!!!! Tried various positions for the intake to see which I felt would work best finally settled on aimed down closer to the wheel well in behind the battery(pics of this later today I hope) BTW anyone know who makes a battery re-location kit? (RRM you guys working on this one?) Took the car out Sounded extremely sweet. Then I installed the short throw. 3 hours on this one :lol: :lol: I know it was just a shifter but hey it was my first one so I guess thats not too bad. Definitely worh it there's a huge difference in shift throw from stock soooo much quicker and crisper. The bushings which I almost forgot to install(then when I did put them in upside down and had to fix :mad: those damn things aren't easy to get in) are seriously usefull if you slam gears there's no shifter wabble like with the stock shifter; I managed to slam through all gears quickly with no misses. I'm holding off on the exhaust till I can dyno the intake along with getting some custom headers from my friend's dad . There's definitely a performance increase(not just more decibals) from the intake(just wanna back it up for everyone on dyno) I'm guessing 6-8HP. Now if I can get an intake manifold or get this one ported and the RRM T.B. oooo things shall be sweet(+20-30HP???) coupled with the full exhaust system maybe upwards of 45-50HP increase. I'll be heading to my local(next state over dyno shop) on monday. :mitsu:

ROCK Mar 15, 2002 09:36 PM

GLAD YOU ARE PLEASED! Love some pics if you have any.

Robert Tallini
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com:mitsu:

2wdSQL Mar 16, 2002 02:40 PM

I am SERIOUSLY LOVING MY INTAKE. Just found out a nifty seceret bout its performance too(I'll be keeping that to myself too :p )

eTronicOZ Mar 20, 2002 02:46 AM

I am SERIOUSLY LOVING MY INTAKE. Just found out a nifty seceret bout its performance too(I'll be keeping that to myself too )
You know you want to share. I have an RRM intake too. :headbng2:

2wdSQL Mar 20, 2002 05:05 AM

LoL. Well I suppose I'll share. Seeing as how the intake is a short ram FIPK its not getting the best air from the engine compartment.; however, when I got some cold air into this thing there was a definite performance difference in my oppinion. NOTE: I'm not saying make this into a long tube COLD AIR INTAKE do that only if you want some more torque :mitsu:

outbreak187 Mar 20, 2002 08:18 AM

Pictures my man...............I went with the injen my friend went with RMR hehe sorry Rob I'm getting stuff from you guys anyways hehe....

2wdSQL Mar 22, 2002 12:43 AM

Just wanna say everything I post is a guestimate currently till I get the numbers to prove what I'm saying I've been trying to schedule dyno time but with and all many real racers around here are tuning so its hard to get on one hopefully I get to make some passes soon :( I have pics in the registry of my car I changed how I set the intake up though so those pictures aren't exactly current but they give a basic depiction. Hope it inspires someone I'm gonna get some mandrel bent Alum tube soon gotta get some large enough thats my only real prob right now.