Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Getting my RRM parts next week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2002, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting my RRM parts next week

Mucho Thanks to Rob at RRM (now if god would only give me my turbo money......). Hopefully I can dyno this thing and get some real numbers for everyone too.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

what were those parts again?
Old Mar 8, 2002, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Intake, Cat-back(minus the cat...running a straight pipe instead ) and B&M shift kit. Then I'm gonna get some rims and save up for induction.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

If no one has, had or does before me(let me know if you do) I'll post my dyno results anyway for the intake and exhaust. I'm expecting 10-13 but we shall see.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Talking They're Heeeereeeeeeee!!!!!!

:headbng2: :headbng2: :headbng2: Got my stuff on friday (4:30PM EST) unbelievably my UPS man came early. First off installed the intake. It took me an hour because I had to sit down and fenagle the connecting bolts to the MASS sensor off of the stupid air box(bakelite sh****** plastic in the world) DAMN BAKELITE!!!! Tried various positions for the intake to see which I felt would work best finally settled on aimed down closer to the wheel well in behind the battery(pics of this later today I hope) BTW anyone know who makes a battery re-location kit? (RRM you guys working on this one?) Took the car out Sounded extremely sweet. Then I installed the short throw. 3 hours on this one I know it was just a shifter but hey it was my first one so I guess thats not too bad. Definitely worh it there's a huge difference in shift throw from stock soooo much quicker and crisper. The bushings which I almost forgot to install(then when I did put them in upside down and had to fix those damn things aren't easy to get in) are seriously usefull if you slam gears there's no shifter wabble like with the stock shifter; I managed to slam through all gears quickly with no misses. I'm holding off on the exhaust till I can dyno the intake along with getting some custom headers from my friend's dad . There's definitely a performance increase(not just more decibals) from the intake(just wanna back it up for everyone on dyno) I'm guessing 6-8HP. Now if I can get an intake manifold or get this one ported and the RRM T.B. oooo things shall be sweet(+20-30HP???) coupled with the full exhaust system maybe upwards of 45-50HP increase. I'll be heading to my local(next state over dyno shop) on monday.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLAD YOU ARE PLEASED! Love some pics if you have any.

Robert Tallini
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com
Old Mar 16, 2002, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

I am SERIOUSLY LOVING MY INTAKE. Just found out a nifty seceret bout its performance too(I'll be keeping that to myself too )
Old Mar 20, 2002, 02:46 AM

I am SERIOUSLY LOVING MY INTAKE. Just found out a nifty seceret bout its performance too(I'll be keeping that to myself too )
You know you want to share. I have an RRM intake too. :headbng2:
Old Mar 20, 2002, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

LoL. Well I suppose I'll share. Seeing as how the intake is a short ram FIPK its not getting the best air from the engine compartment.; however, when I got some cold air into this thing there was a definite performance difference in my oppinion. NOTE: I'm not saying make this into a long tube COLD AIR INTAKE do that only if you want some more torque
Old Mar 20, 2002, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Pictures my man...............I went with the injen my friend went with RMR hehe sorry Rob I'm getting stuff from you guys anyways hehe....
Old Mar 22, 2002, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Just wanna say everything I post is a guestimate currently till I get the numbers to prove what I'm saying I've been trying to schedule dyno time but with and all many real racers around here are tuning so its hard to get on one hopefully I get to make some passes soon I have pics in the registry of my car I changed how I set the intake up though so those pictures aren't exactly current but they give a basic depiction. Hope it inspires someone I'm gonna get some mandrel bent Alum tube soon gotta get some large enough thats my only real prob right now.