Notices

RRM Piggyback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Piggyback

I tried to search for a thread about this and couldnt find one. Im currently driving an 04 ralliart auto. On the car I only have an rrm sri and an rrm axleback exhaust. Earlier today i was looking on the rrm website and was considering getting a piggyback for my car and I was wondering how hard it was to tune it? is it worth getting it with my mods? also what benefits could i get from it?

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

it comes pre tuned for the mods you have, its pre tuned for intake,exhaust and headers. youll be find installing it and goin. it also comes with the cd software and im sure theres people on here who could help you tune it
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by soulesswarrior
it comes pre tuned for the mods you have, its pre tuned for intake,exhaust and headers. youll be find installing it and goin. it also comes with the cd software and im sure theres people on here who could help you tune it
Actually the base map it has is tuned from their own Cold air intake, under drive pulley, and axleback exhaust. Also keep in mind that it comes with a "conservative tune" meaning it will unlock some power, but it isn't used to its full potential in the interest of keeping the engine safe.

You're gonna need a wideband o2 sensor if you have any plans on tuning yourself, so read DangerousDan's DIY tuning thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=259475

Amount of hp gained depends on tune, skill of tuner, and amount of wear its gonna put on engine, safest AFR is about 13.3 for non-turbo applications and is generally what you want to aim for.

For more info read up on RRM's website,
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/piggyintro.htm