Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

What wires do you splice into for the RRM Piggyback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What wires do you splice into for the RRM Piggyback

Just wondering from any of the guys that use the RRM Piggyback what wires they spliced into. I assume it works by intercepting the maf sensor just like any other piggy back but i want to make sure it doesn't do anything further. My reason is because I have the emanage in my car and the ecu seems to be learning the adjustments and bringing the afr back to around 14.7-15.3 after a few hundred miles. I wonder how the RRM Piggyback gets around this.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Run a search for a stickied "how-to" install piggy please.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 04:20 PM
EvoM Guru

at cruise 14.7-15.3 is normal and can't be changed.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I swear that's not me I know what you're saying. You load a map, or make some inputs, things are good for a little while and then WTF!? back to some crappy super rich AFR at WOT, right?

are you using a GReddy cable for your adjustments? you should be. My clone cable was garbage, I think ....

Are you loading a map each time you start the eManage? you should not be. Import from the main unit and export when you're done, just to be safe (it will usually take the input real-time, but better safe than sorry). I think my problem with the eM was that I WAS using saved maps, I don't think it likes that.

Start there, let's hear what's up. Rhyzin's right if you're talking about cruising or low-throttle driving, there's no getting around that.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

I am using a clone cable since i dont have a serial port on my laptop. Everytime i make adjustments i do an import and then an export. The changes will alst anywhere between 300-500 miles and then it will run the same again. I am almost positive it has somthing to do with the ecu. If i reset the ecu it runs a pretty safe 11.5-11.7 AFR at about 60-70% Throttle and 8 PSI but it will return to a 15.1-14.7 AFR at the same throttle % which is way to lean.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:16 PM
EvoM Guru

not particularly. 80% throttle will actually switch the ecu to open loop maps. anything below that will be closed loop/emissions maps.

nudging your maps little by little like that(richen up, relearn, richen up again, etc etc.) will make your real maps at open loop really rich(above 80% throttle). set your base tune/stft/ltft first, then leave it alone and tune your open loop maps. as long as you're in closed loop/ under 80% throttle, you're going to be running that lean. i believe factory turboed cars are no different.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

What firmware and support tool version are you on? I'd recommend v1.39 firmware and 1.13 support tool from mohdparts.com I'll write up some instructions that might help, when I get home and have the laptop in front of me. Also, there's a link in my sig for the install, in case you want to double check it.

I hate to say it, but once I switched to a GReddy cable my troubles went away..... whose cable is it?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

also, have you tried the supplementary injector maps? Or maybe it's the additional injector maps.... either way, there's a map that you can use that allows you to add fuel that isn't the main air fuel map. uh... check our emanageusers.com and emanageforums.com for more FI tuning with this thing. Everything I know applies to NA and I had to kinda figure it out piecing things together.

good luck
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Well the above 80% throttle explains why my full throttle is still plenty rich. I updated my firmware about 3 months ago so unless they have anything new then it should be the newest. I will try the additional injector map, i have the harness installed but didn't really know how to tune that map and i already have a good handle on the Air flow map. I will mess around with it this weekend and see if i can't figure anything out.