Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

06 es doesnt need parts from oz for teins to fit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 es doesnt need parts from oz for teins to fit PIC

had the tein basic coilovers installed in my 06 es yesterday, back bearings or even the front mounts were not needed.

also 02-05 wheel size is 4x100, but on the 06 es it's 4x114.3 , so maybe mitsubishi upgraded the es model? i don't know, but everything fit perfect and the car feels great now, no words to describe. If you don't own coilovers you must own coilovers now!! I wish this was the first thing I bought... forget about your carbon fiber hood and evo viii wing GET YOUR PRIORITYS STRAIGHT.

Last edited by itsaneswhocares; Aug 26, 2006 at 12:35 PM. Reason: put up a pic
Old Aug 25, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Lets see some pics
Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

btw itsaneswhocares, i think they upgraded tire size too. i think older lancers have 14" tires, idk what u guys got now. but u can tell its slightly bigger.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joberk3
btw itsaneswhocares, i think they upgraded tire size too. i think older lancers have 14" tires, idk what u guys got now. but u can tell its slightly bigger.
new ones are 15" stock and yes they changed the bolt pattern too.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Good to hear it ! Great, now ES owners can buy us OZ owners OZ rims off us who have upgraded...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Good to hear it ! Great, now ES owners can buy us OZ owners OZ rims off us who have upgraded...
I hear that
Old Aug 26, 2006, 01:17 PM

Way to go on the coilovers, it's like getting a new car when you take it for the first rip, dive into that first corner and feel the difference.. Single greatest improvement on our car short of a turbo if you ask me, and there's no way you would be able to enjoy the turbo the way it should be unless you were rockin the coilovers anyway I would think, congrats on suspension dude!!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

yah you can feel a diffrence on the corners and handling right off the bat!! You also feel the road, it's so smooth!! yeah your also right about it feeling like a whole new car! i'm sure im going to say that again once the turbo is installed (god forbidden) (knock on wood) (throwing salt over shoulder) (doing the macarena to richard simmons greatest hits)

..... also those stock two front struts weigh a TON compared to the teins, I could not even lift the stock struts with one hand (ok i could but it was still heavy as ish) compared to the teins, which i could lift easily. Everybody knows you should own coilovers plain and simple and if you don't, we'll your def missing something.