Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Edmunds comparison (featuring local hero, Lancer)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2002, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read this BS rating

edmunds
Old Jul 1, 2002, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting to put the Lancer in the Spec V, MP3, 1.8T and RS league considering the power numbers of those cars alone kick the crud out of the Lancer, let alone that the RS has AWD, the Spec V and MP3 have kick *** suspensions and the Jetta has a turbo...

The Lancer is an econobox plain and simple while the others are more aimed at a higher performance crowd, albeit, for more money as well.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 02:23 PM

I considered getting the spec-v. the cost difference wasn't much, less than $500 difference? But it looks ugly as hell. Jetta or WRX was too expensive. MP3 was cheap, but ugly as hell. neon was ugly as hell. only cars i would've gotten would be wrx or jetta, but they were too expensive. i love my lancer!!!
Old Jul 1, 2002, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by aerialcombat
I considered getting the spec-v. the cost difference wasn't much, less than $500 difference? But it looks ugly as hell. Jetta or WRX was too expensive. MP3 was cheap, but ugly as hell. neon was ugly as hell. only cars i would've gotten would be wrx or jetta, but they were too expensive. i love my lancer!!!
Wow...sacrificing performance for looks...I got the Lancer because it was dirt cheap (that and I'm not getting more performance shelling out more cash for the OZ). I would gladly hand over my Lancer for a Spec V, an MP3 and an RS granted I could afford them. On that note they didn't compare a Rex in the survey, they compared a 2.5 RS, a completely different car save for the chassis. A Rex would blow away this competition without looking twice.

What the reviewers said.

Summing up their arguments: The Lancer is outclassed in almost every way by its other "econosport sedans".

Better competition for the Lancer (sedans): Civic EX Sedan, Ford Focus Sedan, Toyota Corolla (any trim)...and...hmm...a lower end Neon and possibly one of the Kias.

Last edited by pjal84; Jul 1, 2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 02:32 PM

not much of a fan of performance. more of comfort and looks i guess. I fell in love with a lancer the first time i saw it. A lot of people spend so much money on modifying their oz, the total cost would be more than the spec-v. spec-v was only like 16,800. and most of these people paid more than that for the lancer.

To me sentra looks ugly as heck. small. If i wanted performance, i'll wait til i get rich and buy me an m3 or an m5 or so. hehe. my dream.