Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

How much??????????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much??????????

I have a yellow 2002 lancer and am going to the Naval Academy next year. I can't have a car and am looking to sell mine. I was wondering if anyone had a good idea about how much I might be able to get for mine, or how much you would be willing to pay for one if you were going to buy a used one. It has about 16000 miles on it and is in very good condition. Never been in a big wreck and the interior is perfect. Never been smoked in and not driven farther than 200 miles. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Craig
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never been in a big wreck
Does that mean that you did have an accident with that car?
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:11 PM

no two people have bumped me but just scratches and they are fixed. I was simply saying that no major body work has had to be done.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

You can keep it ya know. A friend of mine who has a mirage POS kept it and came back from Naval Academy and it's now awesome looking. So, I'd say keep it if you can.Leave it with parents or something. Otherwise you could always check the Kelly Blue Book (Lancers are in there right?)
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:32 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I recently looked up my Lancer at www.kbb.com mine's a little under $11k with 30,000 miles on it. Figure yours is worth more than that. My friend is at Pensicola right now, but he drove his Lancer all the way out there (on bald 18" tires!) and decided to keep it. But it's up to you.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:18 AM

keeping it is a possibility but i can't have a car for two years and after that i will probably want to upgrade to something a little more powerful. i'll see what is on the market then because it changes so much but i would probably get and evo or m3. thanks for the replies.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Is it paid off? If it is, keep it and when you get back use it as a trade in for your next car. Or sell it and put the money in the bank for a Down payment on your next car.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by urbanknight
Yes, I recently looked up my Lancer at www.kbb.com mine's a little under $11k with 30,000 miles on it. Figure yours is worth more than that. My friend is at Pensicola right now, but he drove his Lancer all the way out there (on bald 18" tires!) and decided to keep it. But it's up to you.
that is the best site to go to for a price. even the courts use that site to get a valuation of a vehicle