Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Wheel well plastic splash guard clips/fasteners?

Old Oct 23, 2016, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel well plastic splash guard clips/fasteners?

Hey guys,

I came out of the store and found my bumper cover pulled out a ways. I popped it back in and it's holding steady but it looks like it came out enough to pull the little plastic push-in clips/fasteners that hold the splash guards in place inside the wheel wells. Upon further inspection I'm missing a BUNCH of them inside the well and under the nose all on the drivers side. I think I was driving like this for a while so any that came loose must have shook out.

I found this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-go-here.html but I don't know the proper name for these clips and I'm having no luck finding an exploded view of the front end that include those splash guards.

I put a couple of zip ties in key places to secure things for now but I'd like to get the right parts to and fix it properly.

Any help tracking down the part number would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
The issue with your request is that there are more than one, in fact more than two types of clips and fasteners in the inner fender...also you need to specify whether they are missing from the wheel well liner, or the underbody splash guards as well...here is a diagram of the wheel well splash guard, there are others for the transmission and bumper/fog light area. note: those ARE NOT part numbers, if you tell me those numbers of what you need I can pull the part number.

Name:  splash_zpsojqldzza.png
Views: 0
Size:  23.2 KB
Old Oct 25, 2016, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to have to take some pictures tomorrow to show you where I'm missing the clips/fasteners.

The parts that are falling off aren't shown in the picture here, they're the ones that are behind the wheel. If you were trying to put your hand past the wheel, straight along the axle you'd hit the shrouds I'm talking about.

And yes, I'm also missing some on the underbody splashguard clips as well, but only the ones on the nose. I believe there should be a panel that covers the oil pan, but the first time I did my own oil change on my car I found it was gone. If there was one there, the Dealership decided I didn't need it anymore :\
Old Oct 25, 2016, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
yes, there are splash guards fore the engine and transmission in both wheel wells, and then all the way across from the bumper, right underneath the engine...