2011 lancer.. leaking brake fluid - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2011 lancer.. leaking brake fluid

Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:26 AM   #1

Drives: 2011 Lancer

2011 lancer.. leaking brake fluid

I have a quick question... i had the master clutch cylinder replaced on my lancer. I drove it home and went to go out and my clutch was loose again and this time i noticed brake fluid all over the ground. I had a few people look at it 1 person said it could be a hose and another say it was the slave cylinder. I looked up slave cylinder and i didnt see anything aboit the slave leaking if it was gone. Any suggestions on what it could be i just dont have the money to pay mitsubishi $200 an hour shop time to look at it.

Thanks in advance

Old Apr 21, 2017, 06:08 AM   #2
Evolved Member

Drives: 2006 Lancer Ralliart, 2008 Mazda 5 GT

if they looked at it they should be able to tell...it doesn't make sense that they looked at it and are still guessing...it really can only be the master, the slave, or the line that connects the two. There's nothing else it could really be, so if you look at it, it should be pretty obvious...