Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

04 Lancer Ralliart Turbo Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Lancer Ralliart Turbo Questions

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and am looking at buying an 04 Lancer Ralliart with the 2.4L engine. Is this a good car? looking for something fun to drive and build up as time goes. As far as i know this isnt an EVO ( I wish) all i know from the kid selling it is that it is front wheel drive and says ralliart on it. My questions are is the car factory turbocharged, if not can it be turbocharged without rebuilding the block with forged internals. My brother has a stainless manifold and 20G turbo brand new that was for a 2010 ralliart evo, could i use his set up? Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old May 16, 2019, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey what’s ups. *Disclaimer* I’m no expert and know very minimal about cars, compared to all the knowledgeable people on here, but I own this car and I might have some useful insight.

Personally I think the car is a great daily driver. Do I wish it was faster; oh definitely. It does not come stock with a turbocharge, however you can definitely turbocharge it. I know when I first got it I looked online for kits and found some great websites that offered most, if not, all the parts and services you’ll need to give it a turbo. From what I remember this car would take the 16g turbo, not sure on the 20g without doing some major modifications and resolving parts, but like I mentioned I’m no expert and haven’t personally done it on my car....yet. I highly recommend just looking through some of the post on here on this car and I’m sure you’ll find the info you are looking for. Also look up on YouTube for videos of this car and the turbo, if you haven’t already.

Hope this kinda helped. Good luck. Post pictures if you decide on this car and project. 🤙🏽
Old May 25, 2019, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostExperiment
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and am looking at buying an 04 Lancer Ralliart with the 2.4L engine. Is this a good car? looking for something fun to drive and build up as time goes. As far as i know this isnt an EVO ( I wish) all i know from the kid selling it is that it is front wheel drive and says ralliart on it. My questions are is the car factory turbocharged, if not can it be turbocharged without rebuilding the block with forged internals. My brother has a stainless manifold and 20G turbo brand new that was for a 2010 ralliart evo, could i use his set up? Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Dude, don't flood the forum with the same question...this isn't even the right section....I answered these very questions in your other thread which WAS in the correct section...there is no such thing as a ralliart evo, and no the 4B11T turbo manifold will not work with the 4G69 engine...I use a 20g turbo on mine, but it is a hybrid using a 7cm single scroll big 16g hot side and center section, with a 20g compressor in a milled out 16g housing. Also a quick peek under the hood would tell you if its turbocharged or not, it very obvious if a car has a turbo or not...As far as the engine goes I ran 14psi of boost on a stock block no problem with 440cc injectors, ARP head studs, and 94 octane fuel...with 50/50 water/alcohol injection I was able to run 18-19psi of boost, however the tune was heavily dependent on the alcohol injection, and when the pump failed the engine exploded quite violently...8-12psi is perfectly safe with a good tune, and 91-94 octane fuel, and will yield probably between 230-260WHP roughly. I would recommend a big 16g as a minimum...remember that is the stock turbo on the 2.0L 4G63T...the 2.4L likes a little more flow, but the 16g is very punchy and fun to drive...if you want more power at the top end without falling flat, something comparable to an 18g or hybrid 20g would be better, but you will introduce turbo lag, which isn't that bad...its not crazy laggy.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey man, i just wanna boost and bump this thread up. Its an awesome build, just wondering how the progress is going. love this car. Hope all is well!