Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Mitusbishi Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2002, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Service Manual

I spoke with Dennis, the parts manager of Vachon Mitsubishi in North Attleboro, Mass this morning.

The Factory Service Manual (paper format) for the 2002 Lancer:
Part# MP106B002 Price $155

It describes in detail how to do both maintenance items and the exact procedure required for things like taking the stock radio out of the dash, replacing burnt out instrument cluster bulbs, etc.

It can be shipped directly from Mitsubishi Publications to your doorstep for an additional $10 if you're not conveniently located near a dealer. Hopefully, I should have it within two weeks tops.

Dennis explained to me that a CD based format is not available to the end consumer right now, but may be in the future. He told me that Mitsu was a little behind on the whole idea of pdf files. He stated that dealerships are starting to use the CD's in the service area for technician use to see if they're practical.

Dennis was a good guy to deal with during my quest to get the manual. I had contacted Vachon yesterday via email on their website and Dennis called me first thing this morning.

For anyone that is having a problem or issue with parts from their local dealer, I would suggest that you give Dennis a call. Obviously this would be most practical for those living in Mass / Rhode Island, but hey if you're stuck, send him an email or call.

**Additional FYI**

I know RMR is supposedly reinventing the wheel with how they deal with customers, but Vachon is one of the two current RMR authorized dealers for Massachusetts

Last edited by diesel_fan; Oct 11, 2002 at 09:48 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

thats alot - - - can t we get one of those bentley manuals or hayes manuals from somewhere - - i had one of those for my old car and i got it for like 40 bucks - - - - id really like to get a service manual for my lancer, but 155 is kinda steep
Old Oct 12, 2002, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the info diesal
Old Oct 12, 2002, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sure a Haynes / Bentley / Chilton type manuals will eventually be available, but since the car is new to the US, I don't know if the publication companies are going to have a manual out in a timely fashion.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

The second day I owned my Lancer I looked all over for a chiltons, etc and no luck. Of course, most of these guides (esp Chilton's) are written for car-cousins: the eclipse and talon, or my old '86Nova/ Corolla/ Prism for example. Maybe with this new SUV that's built on the Lancer frame we'll see some manuals. Otherwise we might have to wait until the 2 or 3Gen Lancer