Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Drove an Evo 7 GSR!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2001, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove an Evo 7 GSR!!

Drove an Evo 7 GSR last friday. I was impressed with the ride comfort and cornering improvements. But pulling power is much better in my Evo VI TME GSR. The 7 was a 280bhp beast straight outta da Jap factory with a triple plate (ordered by special request). As an overall package Seven is Heaven!.
Attached Thumbnails Drove an Evo 7 GSR!!-e7017.jpg  
Old Dec 3, 2001, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

Nah, I'll never drive a 7, it's in no way as rough as the 6. Maybe the 7.5 or 8 will be worth considering, but otherwise I'll wander to greener (harder) pastures when I have enough money. I still won't sell my 6. I intend to keep it, maybe forever...
Old Dec 3, 2001, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

I agree. I will NEVER ever sell my 6.5 TME Either. My buddy who owns the VII GSR has a VII RS as well that he races. But he's quite dissappointed with both.

Will Mits continue to produce the VI next year as well? I kinda get this funny feelin that they will have the VI back in the rallies if 7 fails to deliver the goods next year.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

There's no way back for the 6 in the WRC championship, Mitsubishi have switched to the 7 for good as they decided to switch to a WRC spec car instead of a Gr. A car. I agree the 7's not delivring the goods, I mean it was nowhere near fast in the three rallies that it competed in and Mäkinen crashed out of two, which I think can be attributed to him trying too hard in a slow car. Next year will really show how bad the car is considering the drivers which have come in to drive it are average.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

maybe is just not the way tommi's used to it or they don't have enought testings done