Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

i got a couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2002, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a couple questions.

ive had my lancer since around may this year. ive just been wondering, whats the point of turboing your car, wont cars like rsx type-s and celica gts still be able to beat you stock, like you will get around 165 hp form a turbo? just saying from what i have seen from numbers that were posted on the forums. i like the lancer, but im just wondering if its all really worth it to mod it.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 12:19 AM

bump
Old Nov 3, 2002, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

ZOPO

its all about the owner man, wouldnt it make you feel better that when some little momma's boy pulls next to you in his riced out honda(or in my case my friends riced out probe gt) and all they have is an exhaust and they think you are stock until all they see is your taillights. come on that will make anyone happy. or just think when you mom need to go to the store to get groceries, she can make it there in half the time thanks to your turbo. just my 2 cents. i wouldnt know, i bought my car in feb 2002 and only have driven it for a month. right now it is somewhere and i wish i had it.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 12:34 AM

yeah but would a turbo lancer be able to beat a stock rsx type-s ? dont those things run high 14s. they have 200 hp stock and around 140 torque.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Well, the Lancer starts off with a base TQ rating of 130 so that's not a problem. A very vague notion of boost is that every 1 PSI nets you around 10 more HP and possibly more with some fine tuning. So in essence you own that RSX off the line and when that turbo spools, you're hauling ***. Supposedly a turbo Lancer is capable of beating machines like an Eclipse GS-T so it all seems possible. It's all a matter of how much TLC you're willing to put into the car and how far you want to go with it before you max out its capabilities. Granted an econobox is never the best platform to start out with the fact that it's cheap initially but getting it to go fast is where the green starts to fall.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

and making it faster is all the more fun....NA monster on the loose hear
Old Nov 4, 2002, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

it's not all about racing either. having more power is a convienience too. like if you are on the highway, and need to pass someone, it's just that much easier and more enjoyable when you have some power instead of pounding the gas and getting nothing. kinda like the same reason caddi's have V8s...would you ever race in a caddi? it's all about getting more performance out of your car.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cupOZnj
it's all about getting more performance out of your car.
I'd rather have a car that can fly through a turn but may not be the quickest machine on the planet. There's a reason people pay 1500 dollars top notch suspension and tires.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

agree with all the responses. Turbo lancers are supposedly taking stock WRX's...btw
Old Nov 4, 2002, 10:35 AM

ok, i thought about it the other day and decided to keep the lancer and do whatever i can to it thanks for the helpful replies guys.