Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Magnaflow Catback Install!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Magnaflow Catback Install!

My brother just ordered me a Magnaflow Catback system (15805) from Brad and them at PerformancePeddler for my 2002 OZ since I got a kid on the way and won't be able to buy squat for myself, but anyway, I was wondering what tools I will need to do this installation. Also, if anyone has step by step pics that would be great too! Please, any and all help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone have this catback system with the Accolade TechSport rear bumper installed? If so, was there any modification needed for the catback to fit with that bumper?

Ben
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

i have it on the stock bumper. great system. not ricey sounding. you can it installed for like 75$ ata shop because there is no welding and perfect fitment.

everyone says u jsut need the right size socket wrench and some liquid wrench. eveyrone says that for doing it yourself let the liquid wrench soak for at least 30 minutes. the bolt should come off then where u will bolt your system on that is). Remember, the last thing yo uwant to do is shear off the bolt by over torquing to get it off. If it doesnt give after 30 minutes, let it sit longer (duh). I'm not sure how much liquid wrench is, but it may jsut be worth your time and moeny to have a shop do it. Whoever does it should not charge your for more than an hours worht of labor. Remember...no welding at all! It's a direct bolt on.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

you need a wrench and a breaker bar and uh an hour...thats all.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Like everyone said, it's pretty easy. Let the bolts soak for a good thirty minutes. I applied liquid wrench three times and let it sit over night. After one good yank it came off really easy. Oh and buy good car stands, not the cheap kind if you plan on doing this yourself. But the install is pretty easy.

Fox

PS- this reminds me I still have to fix my exhaust... it's hanging low for some reason. I'll wait till it gets warmer
Old Jan 24, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, but does anyone have pics like a step by step thing? Or if all else fails, where would be a good place to take it to have someone put it on? National chains or if any one is fron Raleigh/Cary area, is there a place around here that would be a good place to have it installed?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BensLancer
Thanks guys, but does anyone have pics like a step by step thing? Or if all else fails, where would be a good place to take it to have someone put it on? National chains or if any one is fron Raleigh/Cary area, is there a place around here that would be a good place to have it installed?
If you are looking for a place near you post up on the regionial forums. People in there might have a good place for you to go. It's going to cost you though, at least 50 bucks I'd think.

If I were you I'd go to the regional forums and offer someone a six pack and you might get someone to help you out... If I were near I'd help out. I'm not joking when I say it's an easy install. Should only take two hours tops, and that's if you take a few **** breaks and have a conversation with someone in between.

Looking back at it I'd rate it about a 4 on a 1-10 difficulty scale. The bolts are the hardest part of the install. Everything fits where it should.

Fox