Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.
View Poll Results: Which is best for my cause?
96' SOCH V-Tec-E Civic Coupe (Mine)
46.67%
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ RALLY
37.78%
Mitsubishi Lancer ES
15.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

SOHC Civic vs. Lancer OZ vs. Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHC Civic vs. Lancer OZ vs. Lancer

i currently have a 96 honda civic V-tec-E coupe (whopping 115hp) but have currently been looking at lancer OZ. Whats the views on the OZ vs Other models I kinda want somthing that will be pretty quik stock but i also like the 4 door design so what is the best for what im looking for V-tec vs...whatever lancer has lol
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the lancer ralliart has mivec which is pretty close to vtec. if i were you id keep a civic and make it quicker. if not than buy a saturn or kia.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:07 AM

The newer RA's have what's called Mivec, it's like Vtech on Mitsu version. I don't know exactly how it works though.
As far as I know it's only available on the RA models.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OZ is the best model. Has a nice body kit, good wheels, and some better suspension. If you're going to get an early Lancer, get the OZ.

If you can afford a Ralliart (2nd generation only), that'd be even better. More power and better suspension.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

keep your civic and save up to get something else other than a lancer. a stock OZ is NOT quick. i've never been in a ralliart but im guessin it'll have a lot more torque cuz of the 2.4L displacement but it's still only like what, 160hp? if a 2002 lancer is in your price range and you want something quick in stock form, just get a gsr integra or something. and it's vtec=variable-valve timing and lift electronic control..."vtech" is a phone.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Keep the civic. Its just as fast (if not faster) than a lancer....but cheaper to work on.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

keep the civic...u can actually do swaps easily and would be muuuch faster
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor

keep the civic if you wanna mod cars. it'll be cheaper and easier
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:27 PM

If you want something with oomph stock, and you don't plan on modding your car, the only lancer that really has any at all is the ralliart.
The other models may or may not be faster/slower than your civic, since they have some more torque much lower in the rpm's, but they weigh about 500lbs more :/

If you plan on modding it, the civic will be 100% easier to make competetive (with the exception of putting in a short shifter, PITA on hondas :/)

Of course, depending on what other factors you are considering (mileage/age/etc.), there could be a considerably larger number of cars that could fit what you are looking for. (e.g. '00 Celica gt-s)
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I'm surprised at all the "keep you Honda" posts! Does everyone else have one too? LOL

Back to the OP, the vtec-e isn't mod friendly and you'd be wasting time/money modding it. BUT, you can (like me) swap motors; look into a OBDII D16Y8 sohc motor that'll be better and mod-friendly. Then you could whoop on Lancers all day. It's funny how slow my OZ is compared to my 2000 lb Civic... It's so unfair it's funny!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

d series what go b series more potential for power and what do you mean vtech isnt mod friendly uh its pretty easy i had a b16b in a 89 crx and i had it fully stripped weighing in at 1400lbs redline was 13k and could knock the wind out of pretty much any thing stock turbo. Honda motors are much more friendly to mods
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Wow, I'm surprised at all the "keep you Honda" posts! Does everyone else have one too? LOL
honda boys unite! haha i knew i wasnt the only one in this forum when i took this name. it's just funny to see this in a mitsu forum.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:07 PM

you N/A guys are a trip. stickers gets you laid!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellance
d series what go b series more potential for power and what do you mean vtech isnt mod friendly uh its pretty easy
His post says vtec-e! I know you B-series folk aren't all up on the lingo, but the"e" is for the economy edition. The head doesn't flow well, neither does the manifold. PLus the tranny is crap...

^^Yeah man! We know where our roots lie...
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with most. Keep the civic. I wish I bought a civic rather then a lancer for modding purposes. I do like How there arnt a million lancers just like mine though. haha. thats the one bonus to a lancer over a civic.

Quick Reply: SOHC Civic vs. Lancer OZ vs. Lancer