Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

A.M.V. ??? What is this?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A.M.V. ??? What is this?

Does anyone know what this is? I am looking at a 08 Lancer GTS and the "dealer added" garbage included $780 for exterior protector sealant, $590 Protector Interior Guard, $170 Body accent pin striping and HOLY COW $1995 for A.M.V.???????
Old Sep 22, 2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by TampaTurbo
Does anyone know what this is? I am looking at a 08 Lancer GTS and the "dealer added" garbage included $780 for exterior protector sealant, $590 Protector Interior Guard, $170 Body accent pin striping and HOLY COW $1995 for A.M.V.???????
Never had this issue when buying my '08 GTS with sun & sound, nav & tech, but they did have their offer price set to around 27k. I told them I wasn't going to purchase anything unless they beat 22k and I ended up getting it for 21.7k. Not amazing, but not too bad anyways.

From what I do understand though, AMV stands for adjusted market value, and is a way for the dealer to use the whole phrase "lots of people want this make in this color so the market value is actually more than base msrp." I'd definitely try and negotiate it if I were you. I hope this answers your question, and remember guys, I'm no car salesman and I'm definitely nowhere near being a car expert, so feel free to flame and correct me if I'm incorrect.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gamma286
Never had this issue when buying my '08 GTS with sun & sound, nav & tech, but they did have their offer price set to around 27k. I told them I wasn't going to purchase anything unless they beat 22k and I ended up getting it for 21.7k. Not amazing, but not too bad anyways.

From what I do understand though, AMV stands for adjusted market value, and is a way for the dealer to use the whole phrase "lots of people want this make in this color so the market value is actually more than base msrp." I'd definitely try and negotiate it if I were you. I hope this answers your question, and remember guys, I'm no car salesman and I'm definitely nowhere near being a car expert, so feel free to flame and correct me if I'm incorrect.
Do you still have the contract showing what you paid? I would like to get a copy if you dont mind for negotiating. And did your dealer added options include any of the other items I mentioned?
Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:22 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Getting the price someone paid in Washington isn't going to help you negotiate in Florida. If the AMV is justified, you'll have a hard time drilling them down very far. If it's not, then it shouldn't be too difficult to bargain with them. If they don't give you the price you want, walk away and find one at another dealer.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah if the AMV is showing what the changes are, then
ask the saleman to point it all out to you physically.
If it's already on there then it is nothing you can do about it.
At least with that car.
If it's something they plan on adding to the car in which you cannot see, then it's probably some BS you could do without.
I negotiated here in Orlando, and I took nothing less then what I wanted but as we are all hearing, you can be waiting for months now, for a GTS of your preference due to the high unexpected sales of the GTS.
Just don't buy on impulse.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 07:21 AM

TAMPA TURBO, my dealership has a few GTS models in stock, i sent you a pm... call me
Old Sep 23, 2007, 07:22 AM

the dealer here was telling me that he is marking up the GTS 3-4 grand.....and they are only getting 4 more in
Old Sep 23, 2007, 07:24 AM

^^^ i've heard of that, but not the case with my dealer
Old Sep 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

DC pricing

27K is way up there. Though when trying to purchase mine id DC I had to check every dealership in a 200 mi radius to find a loaded GTS. Purchase price was 21,900.00. Not bad considering they still don't have any more loaded GTS in Tarmac Black.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Don't stand for that ****. No way. Walk away. Yes, it's fast selling and popular, much more so than expected. However, it's a mass production economy sedan in the end and not 'unique' no matter how they spin it. Either wait, find another dealer, or locate an internet dealer who will do you right.

My dealer negotiated a killer deal with me (about 20K for a fully loaded GTS with sun/sound, nav) then the adverts in NYC came out along with the car show going on there (part of the deal was 500 off coupon from the carshow). They dissappeared overnight from local dealers in the tri-state area with that TV ad campaign and before I could close he said no deal, pay me a LOT more. After some *****ing to the state DA, local DA, and BBB he gave it to me as I wanted and at the price we negotiated and even appologized, even nabbed 4.9% for 60mo financing. They were doing AMV here of about 1K over MSRP (which is really thousands over what you should pay) and a bunch of dealers got corporate ***** slapped because it's gainst mitsu policy and they threatened to yank supply totally if they didn't get back to reality.