Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Lancer Intake

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lancer Intake

Hey guys! Finally I get to write in here. Anyways I'm a newbie at upgrade these new mods. I just bought my K&N Typhoon intake, and i'm having a couple of probems, I really need the help. I've installed my intake just two days ago it ran fine but afterwards it stalled on me, everything just went completely off! Thank god I was near my house. But I just don't know what's the problem. I'm thinking its the battery but I just can't take the negative cable side off because of the screw and nut, any suggestions? Also my fuel gauge hardly goes down after I changed the intake. I've gone and used a lot of fuel on the highway but the needle of the gauge just stay at full I don't know is it a sensor problem or again the battery. Please Please! I need help BIG TIME!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as disconnecting your battery... ... ...you'll probably want to try and use some tools. Maybe a couple of wrenches...just a suggestion on that one. If you just recently changed the intake and are now having problems, I would say start by putting the original intake back on and see if the problems go away. If they go away, than there is a problem with the new intake or a problem with the way you installed it and I would suggest having the new intake professionally installed. If the problems continue than I would say take it to a mechanic and let them have a look...see what they can figure out. Good luck.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Reset the battery, at the moment the ECU isn't used to the intake.