Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Question On Getting a BodyKit Painted

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question On Getting a BodyKit Painted

Hey Guys, I have a Accolade Evo VII Body Kit that i have been looking to get painted, and i have been checking around at some diff places, and found a guy at a local shop that also does painting out of his garage, He said for a single base white pearl coat, and a single base clear coat for the whole kit he would charge me 600. I had worked him down a it by telling him i found another guy that would do it for 650, but now i am wondering if a single stage coat for both base and clear is going to be enough to keep it looking good...

Any suggestions? This is for Front/Rear bumper, Side Skirts, Wing, and Hood.

I have seen some pictures of the other cars he has done and they look great in the before and after pics, but how will it hold up over a few years? And how is this paint job comparable to stock? do they use more clear coats from the factory?

The other body shops i have been quoted by in the area have been between 900 and 1100.

Thanks For The Help In Advance!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

Or if anybody is in the LA area that knows of a good place to get it done at for not to expensive, please let me know!

Or if you live around this area and do body painting, and want a new project, and to help out a member in need let me know too! Haha, doubt it.

O ya and his price was not including priming and sanding, is this something i can use like a spray paint can of auto paint primer on, and then sand out any imperfections?

I am useless when it comes to auto body paint! Haha
Old Nov 28, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Nope not yet, I have been putting any extra money into my turbo build. But I badly want to get the kit painted, I drove out to Arizona and spent almost 800 to buy it and get the kit back out to Cali, now it just sits in my garage.
Do you know anybody that would hook a brotha up?
Old Nov 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Wouldn't you rather spend the little extra money and get a quality paint job?