Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Trunk issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk issues

I just got a used 09 lancer gts yesterday. I was wondering how the trunk works. I put the button on the alarm then I have to lift it up with some force on anything I can. Is the trunk suppose to pop up a bit or it this the way it works. It seems it's been like this awhile and the pass owner used the spoiler as a trunk handle. I am also missing a nut on the spoiler. Does anyone know what size that is?

Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:20 AM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Mine just pops up enough to stick a couple fingers under the bottom of the trunk where it meets the bumper, then I have to lift it up the rest of the way.

Definitely do NOT use the spoiler as a handle, hehe. That's a little...yikes. Hopefully you can polish out any marks he might've left on the paint from doing that.

I don't know what size the nuts on the spoilers are. Does it look like it'd be the same size as the nut on the other side across from it? Maybe measure one of the ones that's not missing? If all else fails, I would just call a dealership and ask if they know the size, TBH.