Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

2002 Lancer ES Cluster & Other Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Lancer ES Cluster & Other Questions

Ok so I have an 02 Lancer ES (Can be seen here) and I was wondering what cluster would fit on this car? I see 03 Lancers with Evo 9 Clusters on but not 02 Lancer ES.

Also, what other interior/exterior/performance parts would be good for my car? I want to put in a lot of work into the car, but I don't know where to start!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iran7
Ok so I have an 02 Lancer ES (Can be seen here) and I was wondering what cluster would fit on this car? I see 03 Lancers with Evo 9 Clusters on but not 02 Lancer ES.

Also, what other interior/exterior/performance parts would be good for my car? I want to put in a lot of work into the car, but I don't know where to start!

whatever you see on a 03 will very likely fit as a 02. Are you sure youre not seeing a Evo 8 cluster and not a 9? Although I dont know that it much matters between a 8 and 9 but never hurts to double check. I know the inside and in car of a 8 is almost identical to a 02-03 lancer.

In all honestly unless you want to get in to a lot of reading about mirage to lancer compatibility and change cams, or convert to DOHC. Or going turbo which would be less expensive than the DOHC setup. Basically dont expect performance unless you drop a good amount of cash and take the time reading these forums as they are a wealth of information.

Whats the budget you have in mind? I pieced a very reasonable turbo kit together instead of buying a "all in one kit" (~$6K and has limits on the boost you can run on a stock bottom end.) The highest boost Ive seen on a SBE lancer is 15psi but they guy has phenomenal tuning abilities.

Either way I would suggest investing on a tactrix 1.3X ($180) and & $25 on evoscan for datalogging. Ive managed to squeeze out a few extra horses on my NA set up and its imperative to have this to ever see the gains out of any mods (turbo or not) that you make to the car. We have the same SRI with the Spectre filter. My exhaust was fully customized to using my tactrix cable I had to adjust my AFRs and timing map, and subsequently my injector scaling.

Simply put the most bang for your buck is a turbo or possibly a great NA setup with multiple parts you can find people selling on here. For turbo learning read 03lances build thread and for NA setup I think Live4redline may have a decent thread.

PM me if you have questions. Its a fun hobby but can borderline the sense of dumping a huge amount of money into the car vs selling it and putting a awesome down payment of a better platform for horsepower.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:47 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by andy2964
whatever you see on a 03 will very likely fit as a 02. Are you sure youre not seeing a Evo 8 cluster and not a 9? Although I dont know that it much matters between a 8 and 9 but never hurts to double check. I know the inside and in car of a 8 is almost identical to a 02-03 lancer.

In all honestly unless you want to get in to a lot of reading about mirage to lancer compatibility and change cams, or convert to DOHC. Or going turbo which would be less expensive than the DOHC setup. Basically dont expect performance unless you drop a good amount of cash and take the time reading these forums as they are a wealth of information.

Whats the budget you have in mind? I pieced a very reasonable turbo kit together instead of buying a "all in one kit" (~$6K and has limits on the boost you can run on a stock bottom end.) The highest boost Ive seen on a SBE lancer is 15psi but they guy has phenomenal tuning abilities.

Either way I would suggest investing on a tactrix 1.3X ($180) and & $25 on evoscan for datalogging. Ive managed to squeeze out a few extra horses on my NA set up and its imperative to have this to ever see the gains out of any mods (turbo or not) that you make to the car. We have the same SRI with the Spectre filter. My exhaust was fully customized to using my tactrix cable I had to adjust my AFRs and timing map, and subsequently my injector scaling.

Simply put the most bang for your buck is a turbo or possibly a great NA setup with multiple parts you can find people selling on here. For turbo learning read 03lances build thread and for NA setup I think Live4redline may have a decent thread.

PM me if you have questions. Its a fun hobby but can borderline the sense of dumping a huge amount of money into the car vs selling it and putting a awesome down payment of a better platform for horsepower.
Thanks so much for all your tips, very helpful.
I wouldn't mind going turbo, but I have an automatic so I don't know how well that would turn out for me
Old Jul 4, 2013, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iran7
Thanks so much for all your tips, very helpful.
I wouldn't mind going turbo, but I have an automatic so I don't know how well that would turn out for me

Its happening all the time for automatic lancers. A few custom pieces needed but thats to be expected. Look through the turbo lancer threads I have no doubt you'll find a few. I think Steven(literally that is the majority of is user name) was originally automatic, but has a build thread and owns a Evo now. Jakemiester might be another. Also depend on what year you have. I seem to think everyone owns a 02-06 lancer..