Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Lancer LS did not come with fob, can I program one?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer LS did not come with fob, can I program one?

Hello. I bought my 2004 lancer LS used. The previous owner said the fob control was lost (we didnt go into detail as if it was original or what). I called the dealer here in my city (in Mexico), gave them my VIN, and they tell me that there is no info on the car ever having a fob system. From what I have read all LS lancers came with keyless entry, and I am certain the previous owner said she did have a keyless remote.

Is there any way to tell if I have the system? If so, how can I find out what fcc id I need on the controller? I have done the programming steps, and the door locks DO react when entering programming mode. But I do not know if that means it does have all the components to program a control. Sadly I have no friends with with mitsubishi cars to ask to try their fob.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I don't think the keyless system was put in the lancers until the 2008 years. Are you just talking about the remote to lock/unlock the doors?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
I don't think the keyless system was put in the lancers until the 2008 years. Are you just talking about the remote to lock/unlock the doors?
Yes the remote to unlock and lock. I know they had them in the 2000-2007 models.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Okay cause you when you said fob I thought you meant the actual almost push to start system (or turn the knob in the lancer's case)

Yes those years do have the keyless remote as I had mine on my 2005.

You only need the control itself to be able to program and your key in the ignition among other steps. I'm not too familiar with it though.

Last edited by Raikiri; Oct 3, 2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
Okay cause you when you said fob I thought you meant the actual almost push to start system (or turn the knob in the lancer's case)

Yes those years do have the keyless remote as I had mine on my 2005.

You only need the control itself to be able to program and your key in the ignition among other steps. I'm not too familiar with it though.
Well the part that I need help with is: How do I know what fcc id the remote should have? The dealer cant tell me because they say my car did not come with a keyless remote.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

idk about fcc ids but this is what the remote looks like