Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Lancer 1.6 Cruise Control Help DTC P0500

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer 1.6 Cruise Control Help DTC P0500

I'm trying to implement a cruise control for my friend's lancer with 4A92 1.6L engine and automatic transmission, it needed 2 signal wires to the ecu, a brake switch and activation in engine variant coding, all done but it didn't work, after a long research on Russian forums I found out that the firmware inside the ecu does not support cruise control and the only 1.6 car that support's it is manual transmission Mitsubishi ASX (RVR, Outlander Sport), so they advised to flash the ecu with that firmware and I successfully did without any errors, after that the cruise light works for a few seconds then shuts off and check engine light comes on with DTC P0500 and the speedometer doesn't work.

I think that's due to the vehicle speed signal is received from different sensors between the Automatic and Manual car.

So my question is , can somebody alter the firmware for the lancer to accept the cruise control or change any values in the ASX firmware in order to get rid of that code ?
Both ECUs use the same microprocessor and 1024kb memory