EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips-205/)
-   -   Remote Starter + Alarm? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips/299683-remote-starter-alarm.html)

Senseiz Oct 4, 2007 07:16 PM

Remote Starter + Alarm?

I am considering getting the 08 GTS full loaded.
However with that FAST key, does it mean that I can't get a remote starter + alarm combo 2-way installed?

Anyone done this yet?

Thanks

chetman7 Oct 4, 2007 07:27 PM

ive done it. I got an autocommand. the fast key still works but u still have to disengage the aftermarket alarm...which is gay so it pretty much kills the fast key.

You cannot due a remote start as of yet because they do not know how it works with the immobilizer unit in the car that prevents the car from being started without the fast key present in the car

Elvis077 Oct 8, 2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by chetman7 (Post 4817117)

You cannot due a remote start as of yet because they do not know how it works with the immobilizer unit in the car that prevents the car from being started without the fast key present in the car

So from what I have determined, you may be able to do remote start. You will need to give up one of your keys, and get an immobilizer bypass module. You need to take your fast key apart (it opens in half to replace the battery) take the battery out so that the fast key transmitter isn't functional, but the transponder chip still works. and then use the status out from your remote start to trigger the bypass module (556u or the likes with the fast key inside) as well as trigger a relay to make your key sense wire an open circuit. (so that the car thinks the key is in the ignition, this should disarm the factory alarm) then yahtzee!! Remote Start (so just need to check to see how the key turns once you get in with your working fast key.......)

Now I have only just done some basic tests to try to determine if this is even possable, but I Will test it with an alarm rs that adds onto my factory system like the automate lineup. But if it works, you should be able to use the factory disarm wire from your 2-way system.

Should be fun. It's remote start season so Update if anyone gets this done!:mitsu:

gnnr Oct 11, 2007 07:40 AM

This is why I got mine without FAST. Much easier, and remote start > FAST any day. And yes, it's a fully loaded GTS, they had a batch that came out without FAST because of a supply problem (bad electronics or something) so it has everything but FAST.

melv_VIII Oct 17, 2007 08:26 PM

well its gonna be disable your warranty if u got the starter + alarm....the best think u do ask first the dealership....just a suggestion guys!!!!

chetman7 Oct 17, 2007 08:58 PM

y would it void my warranty?? under wat grounds would they do that? My dealer said an aftermarket alarm/starter is no problem at all
I have an autocommand installed in my car btw

SeRious08 Oct 18, 2007 12:28 PM

It could void some electrical warranty IF they can prove the alarm wiring was the cause of say an electical fire.

gnnr Oct 22, 2007 07:12 AM

It will NOT void your full warranty. At most it will make void specific components of your car that might fail that are tied to ignition and electrical which are intertwinned with the remote system and alarm (maybe transmission too) - possibly even the enitre electrical system and ECU. And they would have to prove clearly that your modification caused the issue/failure they refuse to cover (though you might have to sue them to get them to cover it). Magnussen act (sp???).

WhiteGTS18 Oct 30, 2007 11:46 PM

i am going to check out trying to get one on mine maybe next week. i had a real nice compustar 2 way one on my eclipse and this place does real nice custom installs and they have always hooked me up so maybe they can figure out a way because i really want a remote start now that its cold out. Almost more for my car so that i always give it at least a few minutes to warm up in the cold because i am always in such a rush for work and stuff i dont have a lot of time to just sit and let it warm up.

dansgts Nov 20, 2007 05:50 PM

Can anyone confirm how they can do this and if this will or will not void the warranty?

midunn Nov 21, 2007 02:02 PM

My service department told me that it can be done using a 2008 Outlander key with the microchip on it. HE said the only thing that would happen was once you go out to the started car you would have to turn it off and then turn it back on again in order for the car to be put into drive. Told me it would cost about $550 CDN for remote started alone. I'm not a tech geek and I didn't really understand the aspect behind it just saying what he told me.

dansgts Nov 21, 2007 04:17 PM

Went somewhere (not the dealer) and they told me they would need to go around the security device in place, but I'm concerned this will void the warranty and/or disable the FAST key's functionality.

Reverence Nov 22, 2007 11:34 AM

I'm getting my done next week.
The shop I'm going to is going to make a duplicate of my key to bypass the sensor, and put that in a box in the engine so the car is fooled into thinking that there is a key in the ignition. And then the duplicated box will send the signal to start the car.

They said this will not affect my fast key entry or keyless start at all, so we'll see how it goes...

SeRious08 Nov 27, 2007 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Reverence (Post 4981708)
I'm getting my done next week.
The shop I'm going to is going to make a duplicate of my key to bypass the sensor, and put that in a box in the engine so the car is fooled into thinking that there is a key in the ignition. And then the duplicated box will send the signal to start the car.

They said this will not affect my fast key entry or keyless start at all, so we'll see how it goes...

That is correct. Its less complicated than that though. The key only needs to be within a certain distance from the immobilizer. The Nissan Titans are the same way. All they do is take the spare key and zip-tie it up under the dash. Thats it.

BaD2RaSS Dec 1, 2007 08:48 AM

That probably wont work though because if you leave a key in the car it wont allow you to lock it in there.

Kyle