Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Remote Starter + Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Starter + Alarm?

I am considering getting the 08 GTS full loaded.
However with that FAST key, does it mean that I can't get a remote starter + alarm combo 2-way installed?

Anyone done this yet?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

ive done it. I got an autocommand. the fast key still works but u still have to disengage the aftermarket alarm...which is gay so it pretty much kills the fast key.

You cannot due a remote start as of yet because they do not know how it works with the immobilizer unit in the car that prevents the car from being started without the fast key present in the car
Old Oct 8, 2007, 05:29 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by chetman7

You cannot due a remote start as of yet because they do not know how it works with the immobilizer unit in the car that prevents the car from being started without the fast key present in the car

So from what I have determined, you may be able to do remote start. You will need to give up one of your keys, and get an immobilizer bypass module. You need to take your fast key apart (it opens in half to replace the battery) take the battery out so that the fast key transmitter isn't functional, but the transponder chip still works. and then use the status out from your remote start to trigger the bypass module (556u or the likes with the fast key inside) as well as trigger a relay to make your key sense wire an open circuit. (so that the car thinks the key is in the ignition, this should disarm the factory alarm) then yahtzee!! Remote Start (so just need to check to see how the key turns once you get in with your working fast key.......)

Now I have only just done some basic tests to try to determine if this is even possable, but I Will test it with an alarm rs that adds onto my factory system like the automate lineup. But if it works, you should be able to use the factory disarm wire from your 2-way system.

Should be fun. It's remote start season so Update if anyone gets this done!
Old Oct 11, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

This is why I got mine without FAST. Much easier, and remote start > FAST any day. And yes, it's a fully loaded GTS, they had a batch that came out without FAST because of a supply problem (bad electronics or something) so it has everything but FAST.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:26 PM

well its gonna be disable your warranty if u got the starter + alarm....the best think u do ask first the dealership....just a suggestion guys!!!!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

y would it void my warranty?? under wat grounds would they do that? My dealer said an aftermarket alarm/starter is no problem at all
I have an autocommand installed in my car btw
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

It could void some electrical warranty IF they can prove the alarm wiring was the cause of say an electical fire.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

It will NOT void your full warranty. At most it will make void specific components of your car that might fail that are tied to ignition and electrical which are intertwinned with the remote system and alarm (maybe transmission too) - possibly even the enitre electrical system and ECU. And they would have to prove clearly that your modification caused the issue/failure they refuse to cover (though you might have to sue them to get them to cover it). Magnussen act (sp???).
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

i am going to check out trying to get one on mine maybe next week. i had a real nice compustar 2 way one on my eclipse and this place does real nice custom installs and they have always hooked me up so maybe they can figure out a way because i really want a remote start now that its cold out. Almost more for my car so that i always give it at least a few minutes to warm up in the cold because i am always in such a rush for work and stuff i dont have a lot of time to just sit and let it warm up.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:50 PM

Can anyone confirm how they can do this and if this will or will not void the warranty?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 02:02 PM

My service department told me that it can be done using a 2008 Outlander key with the microchip on it. HE said the only thing that would happen was once you go out to the started car you would have to turn it off and then turn it back on again in order for the car to be put into drive. Told me it would cost about $550 CDN for remote started alone. I'm not a tech geek and I didn't really understand the aspect behind it just saying what he told me.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:17 PM

Went somewhere (not the dealer) and they told me they would need to go around the security device in place, but I'm concerned this will void the warranty and/or disable the FAST key's functionality.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:34 AM

I'm getting my done next week.
The shop I'm going to is going to make a duplicate of my key to bypass the sensor, and put that in a box in the engine so the car is fooled into thinking that there is a key in the ignition. And then the duplicated box will send the signal to start the car.

They said this will not affect my fast key entry or keyless start at all, so we'll see how it goes...
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Reverence
I'm getting my done next week.
The shop I'm going to is going to make a duplicate of my key to bypass the sensor, and put that in a box in the engine so the car is fooled into thinking that there is a key in the ignition. And then the duplicated box will send the signal to start the car.

They said this will not affect my fast key entry or keyless start at all, so we'll see how it goes...
That is correct. Its less complicated than that though. The key only needs to be within a certain distance from the immobilizer. The Nissan Titans are the same way. All they do is take the spare key and zip-tie it up under the dash. Thats it.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 08:48 AM

That probably wont work though because if you leave a key in the car it wont allow you to lock it in there.

Kyle

Quick Reply: Remote Starter + Alarm?