Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Did my 90K service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did my 90K service

Did my 90K service yesterday. Here are the highlights:

Replace engine oil and filter
Replace engine air filter
Replace cabin air filter
Replace spark plugs
Replace coolant
Inspect belts, hoses, CV boots, brake lines, etc.
Rotate tires

I was due for new rear brake pads, so I replaced those (did the fronts at about 70K).

90K miles and never a single problem with the car. Still on the original clutch.

Most of what I did is covered in a how-to I wrote for the 30K service. I have also written a how-to on changing the coolant. Search my username to find them.

I had about $60 in the materials for the 90K service, plus another $45 for the brake pads. From jacking the car up to putting it back on the ground, about 6 hours, including a lunch break. Not sure what a dealer would charge for the job.

Editorial comment: I don't drive the car on tracks, but I don't drive like a wuss, either. I got 70K miles out of my front brake pads and 90K out of the rears (could have gotten more, but figured I'd change them while the car was on stands). I use my brakes to stop the car--never the motor! The motor is for making the car go, not for stopping Brake pads are cheap.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! im coming up on 90k miles soon. i may be needing to do the same. still havent changed my brake pads either.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am at 64,000. Should I do it myself or take it to a garage? How much they they charge compared to me doing it myself?