Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

02 OZ Rally to EVO front end conversion???

Old Nov 1, 2016, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 OZ Rally to EVO front end conversion???

Hi, I recently just bought my first car (2002 Lancer OZ Rally) and I have always liked the look of EVO VII's. Ive read up on changing the front end to EVO front end parts (hood, front bumper, fenders). Ive seen something about the wheels not being centered in the wheel well when people do conversions. Will I just be able to switch out lancer parts for EVO parts and have them fit or will additional modification need to be done?. Thanks! (I also dont know much about cars yet so sorry if I sound stupid)
Old Nov 1, 2016, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Don't bother with fenders, just get an Evo 7 body kit and call it a day...normally, I would say don't bother with either, it's not an Evo. However, myself, I have a very big soft spot for the VII, and I feel your pain, being that you're American, cause as of this year as a Canadian, I could buy a JDM Evo VII right now (15 year import rule), if I had the money, I've wanted one since I got my driver's licence 15 years ago. Anyway, just keep in mind, If you put Evo fenders on a lancer, the wheels won't look right, even if they are centered, changing up suspension and steering components can be a bit complex and cost a fair bit of money, if major changes need to be made to the alignment, even just good quality spacers and extended wheel studs can cost $200. Also remember the rear "fender" or quarter panel does not bolt on and off, to make the rear of the car match involves extensive body work...and more suspension/wheel hub modification. Even if you did all the body work yourself, it's still going to be costly. If you're not pretty much a pro at body work and paint, or you don't do the rear body work, the car will look ridiculous. If you want the look, skip the fenders, get like a duraflex Evo 7 body kit, and a set of jdm Evo 7 OEM wheels...I would recommend professional installation and paint, if you want it to look good...body kits are dirt cheap, but it's getting it installed, and looking like it was made that way that makes the difference between a showable car and a redneck rice rocket. If you can, or have friends that can do that kind of thing well, and on the cheap, then it's all good. An Evo is not built on a cedia chassis, it's a different car.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the duraflex evo VII kit is that the front bumper doesn't extend up next to the headlights like the regular evo VII front bumper does (yes I know to put the original evo VII style bumper I would need to change the hood because the stock hood has the weird drop down where the grille is mounted) that's somewhat one of the things that I love about the VII front end is how aggressive it looks and at least in my opinion the duraflex kit dosent give that look as it just ends under the headlights and grille. I just want my car to look aggressive and not look like a buick had a kid that wanted to be a yellow race car. If you could give me links to any bumpers that will be relatively easy to install that give that aggressive look it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
You realize the would be issues fitting the Evo headlights as well...it's a ton of work man...it's really not as simple you're making it out to be, and again only doing the front end it will look like the front end of rhino, with the hind of a cat...

Extreme dimensions has a bunch of body kits...but why not stick to the chassis and get the jdm cedia ralliart body? It requires zero modification and is far more aggressive than the USDM lancer.