Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Help pls

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help pls

Hi,

I own a Mitsubishi lancer 2008 DI-D 2.0 disel (sc58oal).

Recently I have carried out an welding job in the front of the car, consisting of 3 spot weld.

The battery was disconnected, however I used a tigwelder instead of a mig welder.

Once the work was completed i turned the car on and it wouldn't start.

An auto electrician had a look and said to buy the ecu and the etacs inside the glove box that looks like a fuse board.

I have had the new engine ecu cloned with my old one and the etacs replaced, the car still showing the same problem and now saying mismatch vin.

I belive I need to reteach the car computer with an MUT III diagnostic tool, including matching the ecus.

Can you help with this?

Best wishes

Renzzo

Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Only way to fix mismatch VIN code is with a MUT3 tool. You'll have to buy one or go to a dealer. Did you have both leads of the battery disconnected? You probably fried quite a bit more if current managed to make a full circuit anywhere.
The following users liked this post:
Renzzo (Jul 1, 2019)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 01:46 AM

ECU kit

Instead of having the unit programmed, do you think If I replace the engine ecu, ignition switch speedometer and etacs from a similar car with same part number would work?

Would the ecu recognise the engine ?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Renzzo
Instead of having the unit programmed, do you think If I replace the engine ecu, ignition switch speedometer and etacs from a similar car with same part number would work?

Would the ecu recognise the engine ?
Maybe? I've had that code go off just from pulling my ECU out and then replacing it shortly after so I'm not sure what causes it. Reprogramming the ECU is cheap, but if you don't have a dealer near you the MUT3 tool is worth the investment. You can get worthy Chinese clones for $500-600.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 02:24 PM

Thank you for your help, the auto electrician said that his diagnostic tool can fix the problem. He will have a go this week
Old Jul 2, 2019, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Renzzo
Thank you for your help, the auto electrician said that his diagnostic tool can fix the problem. He will have a go this week
Best of luck! Let us know what happens.