Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Polishing and waxing question

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2003, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polishing and waxing question

Ok, I bought a electric, orbital polisher/waxer, and I need some tips on using it. I don't want to burn a hole in my paint. I want to polish the car good first, then put on a good layer or two of wax. What heads (fluffy things) do I need to use, it came with two different ones. Looking at getng McGuires wax and polish. Thanks in advance.
Old May 3, 2003, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Get yourself a couple of Terry Cloth bonnets, and a few of the finishing bonnets.

With an orbital buffer, just keep it moving. Its hard to burn a hole in the paint with an orbital. Only high speed buffers really have that problem.

I general use Meguiars products. Their three step system works real well on paints that need a little work.

I think the bst stuff for you will be the Gold Class polishes and waxes
Old May 3, 2003, 01:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah...along similar lines I'm hoping to get my parents to spring for this for my birthday. A guy can hope, can't he? Only a couple weeks to go...I should tell em now.

Anyway, it covers just about everything you'd need and your car's new and should be in good condition so it looks (to me) like a great place to start if you wanna maintain a seriously clean looking ride. Hope it helps.
Old May 3, 2003, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Zymol is really good wax also. I once worked at a dealership that sold Aston Martins and they used it on their cars. Walmart sells it.
Old May 3, 2003, 02:41 PM

great, so I use the terry cloth to polish the car, then another terry to apply the wax, and a finishing bonnet to shine up the wax? is that right?
Old May 4, 2003, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

I think Lizard about summed it up