Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Lancer GTS, SPRAY PAINT MADNESS.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moving the badges fromt he back to the grill was surprising. i dont think its too bad.. but you should have at least put the mitsubishi on the left and lancer ont he right lol. so it actually reads "Mitsubishi Lancer" haha. The exhaust tip woulda been better silver.. or at least a darker blue perhaps... definately good taht you're changing the button on the trunk back... IMO the mitsu logo should stay chrome on a black car... the rims... awesome... again.. darker blue would be nicer... like... a royal or electric blue ^_^ that looks almost sky blue which is too light. Try a red trim on the rims if you're feelin that . The strut bar... definately paint that red instead lol

Overall... the only blue that should have stayed silver (IMO) is the front chrome around the grill, the mitsu logo on the back, the FAST key button for the trunk, and the exhaust. Engine things are debatable...

At the end of the day though... I think that's pretty nice

I'm planning on painting my rims white (on electric blue GTS) when Calgary finally gets some decent weather.... -.- (which is practically never) Perhaps at that time I might end up with some spray madness too haha
Old Apr 19, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImprezvSE
This is why people hate on imports. Congrats on destroying a perfectly good car.
+1, seriously.. you never should have painted the exhaust, grill, mitsu badge, trunk key hole? and everything under the hood.

just my opinion? yes but lots of people will share it on the streets, and there are some pretty nasty people out there extra attention isn't always nice
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

if you like blue so much....why didnt u jus buy a blue car? lol........WOW!!!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some of it looks ok... like the lip on the rims.... and thats about it. Painted lug nuts? They look chipped after first install. Grill and blue badges just looks tacky too me. exhaust tip especially. Your engine bay paint looks sketchy at best. It looks like you didnt even take the strut bar off to paint it because the brackets for the strut tower arnt even painted.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

it was hard to paint that strut bar. took me 2 hours to sand at least. i did re do a few things.. =) ill have pictures when i can. enjoy, hopefully.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Very cool, I'm pumped to see those new pictures... and how everything turns out after paint, and re-paint.

I personally would either go with red+black, or black+black. Just something sleek and stealthy haha.