Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Question: Best way to detail your car and keep it!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question: Best way to detail your car and keep it!!

Hey all. I don't know if it's my car or what but the paint/clear coat on my 09 lancer es sport sucks! I'm starting to see small chipping here and there on the hood and lots of it. The hood was already repainted by the dealer due to some acid stain by bird droppings. I need to ask yall about if I should try to touch it up or file a claim with Mitsubishi again and tell the dealer to repaint my car the correct way!!! I don't think any car out there under normal road driving condition should get paint chips this easily.

Also what wax and method to use when you want to get rid of of those nasty swirl marks and small line scratches made by flying sands and stuff on the roads? So far I have waxed my car already using Meguairs cleaner wax and I used a microfiber cloth to remove it off. When I apply that cleaner wax, I apply in a circular motion, and when taking it off I use a circular motion also but there is still some marks there.

What is a good wax to use that won't strip your paint and clear coating and actually works on removing the swirlys? Should I use a hand buffer or is that too "risky" and strip the paint off?

Thanks for the help guys.

P.S I wash my car with a very very soft mitt, kinda like microfiber materials also, and use a chamois to dry it.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsu paint sucks.

Just try and file another claim. Worse they can say is no.