Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

02-03 Lancer: Evo 7 body kit on eBay

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02-03 Lancer: Evo 7 body kit on eBay

Has anybody gotten this body kit or know anything about it? The front bumper is the Evo 7, but the sides and rear are not the same as Accolades Evo 7 sides and rear, but still look pretty good to me. Looks like the sides might even be the same as Accolades. Its called the "J-sepc body kit" found on eBay.

How much do you think it would cost for a body shop to just install the body kit, or any body kit for that matter, (without painting it) and have it look good and not have gaps under the headlights like my Walker front bumper does?

Old May 24, 2009, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by chuloloco
How much do you think it would cost for a body shop to just install the body kit, or any body kit for that matter, (without painting it) and have it look good and not have gaps under the headlights like my Walker front bumper does?
I have no clue how much it would cost to have it painted where you are... I have a Walker front bumper and I've been quoted between $200 and $600 to have it painted (I'm in Toronto, Canada), so I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend and how good of a job you want done.

Since you have a Walker front, you mentioned that there are gaps under the headlights? Do you have any pics of this? I haven't gotten my Walker front painted yet, so it's just sitting in my garage right now - hopefully there isn't a big gap and it something that can be fixed... do let me know...
Old May 24, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

^You should get yours fitted before its painted. You never know if a shop has to modify the bumper at all to make it fit. You don't wanna try that after you have it painted in case it messes up the paint job
Old May 24, 2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Icy Diva
Since you have a Walker front, you mentioned that there are gaps under the headlights? Do you have any pics of this? I haven't gotten my Walker front painted yet, so it's just sitting in my garage right now - hopefully there isn't a big gap and it something that can be fixed... do let me know...
I don't want it painted just yet. I wanna know how much it would cost to have a body kit put on and have no gaps and to look basically like OEM type fitment.

Here is an example of the gap under the headlights that I am talking about. FYI I bought the car with the bumper. I didn't put it on myself:

Last edited by chuloloco; May 24, 2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: more info
Old May 25, 2009, 04:11 PM
Account Disabled

Always remember that Evo7 Ebay kit is not made for USDM cars you will have to remove your front impact bar it requires extensive work and could jeopardize yourself and passenger safety, The Accolade Evo7 is made for the USDM and you can keep the front bars etc.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by WangMan
^You should get yours fitted before its painted. You never know if a shop has to modify the bumper at all to make it fit. You don't wanna try that after you have it painted in case it messes up the paint job
That's what the most expensive place told me and I agree... I don't want to pay for a paint job only for it to be messed up later... I think I'm gonna save the bumper for next year, since it will only be on the car in the summer b/c the snow here is just too much... right now I have more important things to do with my car such as brakes... and I'm beyond confused as to what is good and what isn't
Old May 25, 2009, 10:08 PM

Yeah. I agree that the bumper should be fitted first before getting painted. I think maybe it will cost like $150 to get it fitted.