Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

accolade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question accolade

i want to get the accolade apex version 2 kit for my 03 O-z rally. has any one already purchesed a kit from accolade. let me know of ur experience dealing with them. and tell me of ur experience adding on the kit. ive got the prices for the kit exactly how i want it, also did u do paint job? install it urself? well when u want. come visit the wizzard
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:22 PM
In Timeout

talk to illizit Pm him
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:12 PM
In Timeout

going with Accolade is definitely a good choice they have come a long way to get where they are at now... so many options for Lancer
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

did they clear their fitment issues?? cuz i want a Evo7 body kit. I keep hearing 2 many bad things about them. how long does it take accolade kits to arrive??
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

i bought and finally after like 4 months of waiting got my Apex II kit. Front and sides fit perfect, the only problem or concern with my rear bumper is that some how i got the Kens Style rear bumper instead of the Apex II rear bumper. the Ken Style fits alright some gap between the tailight and the bumper but not that noticable. Well that is my opinion of the kit, seems to get lots of attention, so if that is what you are wanting then this is the kit for you. oh yeah quality is great, the body shop where i hd mine painted and installed said it was the best body-kit that has come in. This body shop mostly does body kits and special paints for compacts and small trucks.

Last edited by SilverRally; Oct 20, 2003 at 08:58 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 09:14 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by SilverRally
oh yeah quality is great, the body shop where i hd mine painted and installed said it was the best body-kit that has come in. This body shop mostly does body kits and special paints for compacts and small trucks.
accolade's body kits are well made.. alot of people have high regards since they redid their kits. I would suggest talking to one of the U.S. distributors maybe they have what you want in stock so shipping would be very fast.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb us distributors?

hey strada do u know of a us manufacturer that i can contact? know a site or anything like that? i want the apex 2 kit also and ive talked to illizit he said they did a good job only had to redrill 5 holes for fitment..but it went good. pm me or post up anything of us distributors. sri lanka is long away and by boat...even slower might take months ha ha acording to my calculations it will take about 29-30 days tops. and have a beer!!!!
Old Oct 21, 2003, 09:49 AM
In Timeout

Re: us distributors?

Originally posted by Wizzard Of O-Z
hey strada do u know of a us manufacturer that i can contact? know a site or anything like that? i want the apex 2 kit also and ive talked to illizit he said they did a good job only had to redrill 5 holes for fitment..but it went good. pm me or post up anything of us distributors. sri lanka is long away and by boat...even slower might take months ha ha acording to my calculations it will take about 29-30 days tops. and have a beer!!!!
Hey Wizzard, Im not sure if the U.S. distributors have the Apex 2.. Accolade are the guys who designed and manufactured the kit as the original party. You can email sales@body-kit.com speak to Dimantha he is the main man his username on here is "Accolade". Also Josh from Jive motorsports his username is JWERNER24 for a U.S. distributor.. check if he has it in stock first.. If not.. getting it factory direct is as easy as ever... they accept Paypal.. and have improved shipping times.. you just have to be patient in waiting for it to arrive. good luck.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Fitment issues have yet to be resolved. See my post in US Lancer General for more info.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:10 PM
In Timeout

Re: us distributors?

Originally posted by Wizzard Of O-Z
ive talked to illizit he said they did a good job only had to redrill 5 holes for fitment..but it went good.
The new kits from Accolade have very good fitment and quality.

Originally posted by OZLancerlunitic
Fitment issues have yet to be resolved. See my post in US Lancer General for more info.
How can you say that they have fitment issues when yours fit?

Originally posted by OZLancerlunitic
kit fits
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

yup my kit perfect, just had to redrill a few holes..no biggie
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: us distributors?

Originally posted by StradaUSA

The new kits from Accolade have very good fitment and quality.

How can you say that they have fitment issues when yours fit?

Fits after EXTENSIVE work. IM me for pictures. How come you follow me around like a hemroid on my ***?
Old Oct 21, 2003, 05:20 PM
In Timeout

Mark you are the only one complaining about the new Accolade kits... Is it because you thought you were supposed to get a free hood and paid too much for your install? Illizit only paid $400 for paint and install and he has the exact same kit.. now how does that make you feel?

Stop trying to ruin people's businesses... Mods have sent your threads to the trash before... and more than likely it will be sent there again.

-Dave
Old Oct 21, 2003, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

I usually mind my own business, but more than likely, installing/prepping fiberglass body kit installs takes time and money. If you pay 400 bucks for a paint job and install, your father owns the business, or you got a really ****ty job. I had to get my body kit remolded kind of to fit right, and wound up paying 3,000, to install, fit, and paint the kit to blend in with the car(which is what the body kit is supposed to do, blend into the body of the car). Not have 1 shade of silver, and another shade for the rest of the car. Good work that looks tight and gets compliments takes time and money. So you are going to tell me I paid too much for my install/paint job too? If so, come take a look at my car, and find 1 glitch in my body work. Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2003, 05:26 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by SilverRally
got my Apex II kit. Front and sides fit perfect, oh yeah quality is great, the body shop where i hd mine painted and installed said it was the best body-kit that has come in. This body shop mostly does body kits and special paints for compacts and small trucks.
oh and another thing ozlancerlunitic why are you posting about fitment for the Apex II... to my understanding you do not own this kit but you have the Ken Style.

Quick Reply: accolade