Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Whats wrong. HELP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Whats wrong. HELP

I have the mods listed below and I am only running a 16.3 at the track. Do you think advancing the cam gear more would do the trick? I have my stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel i'm putting in next week but i want to figure out what my problem is before hand. Anything would help, thanx
Old Sep 24, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, all I have is more questions:

Did you have the RRM piggyback specially tuned for a stage 2 cam? Whose stage 2 is it?
how much stereo stuff do you have? Have you stripped your trunk (spare, tools, carpeting, sound damening material on the sides)? What about solid motor moutns to get the power to the ground instead of into rocking the engine back and forth? What tires are you on? What rims (weight, size, offset)? How much do you weigh? Do you need to go on a diet? What about a shift light? How about upgrading the suspension to allow the power to go the the wheels instead of compressing the stock springs?

What's your trap speed?
have you dyno'd the car to know how much power your putting down and where to shift to get all the power?
Old Sep 24, 2004, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Dude - quit complaining...... i am running a 16.8 now and that was my fast time. Course, i don't have the mods that you.

All that aside - engineerboy is right. Strip your interior. Do you have any stereo stuff like amps or subs? How are you launching? What is your 60 foot? How often do you race?

If i ran a 16.3 i would be jumping for joy
Old Sep 24, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

i dunno, have the rrm piggy with the stage 2 cam... unless its specially tuned to the cam like engineerboy said, that could be your prob.

and if you have heavy *** sterio equipment, blah blah extra weight.

maybe its your clutch, or maybe its you? If i had to say anything it would have to be the piggy and cam, i mean a M/T with those upgrades and a decent driver should be in the 15's. but something does sound wrong, i hope u can find out what it is.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Chances are, the cam (what exactly is a stage 2 cam anyway? who did you buy it from, etc.) isn't helping you any and in fact it's prolly making you run rich. You need some sort of fuel management to turn the more aggressive cam from super rich conditions to actual power.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

its probably the rpw cam, and yeah he should be using something other than the piggyback, especially because it prolly isnt tunned for the cam
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'll guarantee it isn't tuned for ANY cam and will just add to the problems.
G-rider's right about the richness. if the fuel conditions Uranium9v expereinced are any indication, the stage 2 RPW cam is probably keeping him just on the edge of flooding the engine (even with the cam gear properly tuned)

Can't wait to hear from the guy who's so desperate to know what's wrong.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

for the amount of money and troubles he spent on these mods, he should have jsut gottena nonIC turbo. not a bad time to see on a NA lancer tho. yeah dump teh piggyback, you need to get soemthing that will take the cam in account. oh and on an offtopic sidenote, youre from my hometown.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 06:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pgmike
oh and on an offtopic sidenote, youre from my hometown.
sorry for the OT bump: your from manhattan pgmike? thats where i'm at right now, attending k-state