Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

OZ Rally front suspension questions...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2004, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZ Rally front suspension questions...

I have an 02 OZ Rally that makes a bit of racket everytime I hit a bump. I sounds like something is loose in both the passenger and driver side wheel well. When I had my brakes done a few months back, the guy said that there was a caliper loose or something like that. He said it wasn't a brake caliper, but something else. He also said that they could replace it but would have to order it direct from Mitsubishi. Is this a true statement? What could be the cause of this and how could I avoid having this happen again?

Also, I'm interested in finding some sport brakes, suspension, and tires. Right now I have some Michelin P195/60R15 on. I'm not looking at shelling out a ton of cash. I want something reliable, but fun and sporty to. I like a stiff suspension so I can feel the road, but not a rocky one that you bounce all over the place. I live in Southern Cal, so there's not a lot of rain, but I do need tires that can handle both dry and sometimes extremely soaked conditions. I have stock rims and don't want to change them. The brakes don't have to be cream of thr crop, just good brakes that maybe you can see through the rim or something. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

--Dave
Old Dec 16, 2004, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^hahahahahaha thats Fooking great
Old Dec 16, 2004, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Ok, I'm gonna be nice, got to http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/. They have all the stuff you are talking about. Use the site to get an idea of what your looking for, and then just shop around.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 03:13 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably just a bent clip (the clips that hold your brake pads on). One of mine is bent and it makes an annoying rattle every time I hit a bump. Nothing to worry about, but maybe get new clips the next time you do your brakes (probably only cost a few bucks).

fyi, this should be in the trouble shooting section. I'm prettty sure we've even discussed it there before, but this isn't the most common of topics.